What the!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

grizz

I checked my mice this afternoon when I got home from work and all was good, but around 2 hours after when it was feed time Ben- the boy had his face removed and his flexibility had reduced (Stiff as a board).

Is it comman for females to kill males after a litter?

WOW .........PMS in the rat world is obviously alot more dramatic then in the human world ...:) or you may have underworld mice .settling a deal .....he wont be able to talk now will he.........lmao

I have found in the past that they will eat each other due to lack of food. I used to just fill up there feed bowls and go back 2 days later . They are such gutes I make sure they are feed every day.

a female rat will go back on heat almost straight after giving birth and if the male is a fiesty one he will try and get back into it asap it can result in death of the male or female but usually doesnt

but yeah water and food are the usual reasons

I have found in the past that they will eat each other due to lack of food. I used to just fill up there feed bowls and go back 2 days later . They are such gutes I make sure they are feed every day.

Feed them every day especially with young, check them before and after work. Got me!

Are you feeding them enough though? I was really suprised at how much they will eat.... What I mean is do they always have food in their food bowl?... I find that the males are very good with the babies and the female usually don't mind them in their with them..

Are you feeding them enough though? I was really suprised at how much they will eat.... What I mean is do they always have food in their food bowl?... I find that the males are very good with the babies and the female usually don't mind them in their with them..

Every time I change their feed I clean out the old stuff and today was not any different.

well then it was MAFIA mice grizz..........never mind buy another one ....if you were attached to him ,my deepest condolences:( from the bottom of my heart.........otherwise lol.....he probably told her she was FAT and didnt look as good anymore since dropping a bundle ,serves him right :")

Maybe she is just very protective of her young. You might want to take the father out next time before she has her young.

I find some rats are more aggressive than others . I have a heap of rats and all are fine with their cage mates except 3 males that have killed about 5 of their siblings over time. I wont be breeding with these males as I don't want this kind of behaviour in my colony.

It might of died from relatively natural causes (heat etc), and other
cage mates took advantage of a free meal (its face)..
Either way i would be inclined to cull any suspects.

just as a matter of interest, what sort of diet have you got your mice on ? & what sort of enclosure are they in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back