What to take herping?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to take a bottle of water, nowdays I have a huge drink before walking so it all sloshes around and I dont have to worry about anything besides where the next critter is
And tree;)

Well I know I don't take a pillow case (unless I am planning on spending the night).

Ice coffee sounds good mmmm:D Shouldn't drink and herp, especially with a snake hook!:shock:

a mate ! just incase you get your car bogged in sand and need someone to help dig!

Last edited:
mothers huge 4x4 with the spotties
Smokes
soft drink and iced coffee, and assorted packs of chips
torches
camera
hook

OK so far I'm taking.

Camera
Snake bite kit
A belly full of water
Water
A plastic sheet and tin can (for water)
Bourbon (although I prefer Bundy ;))
Ice Coffee
Head torch
Hand held torch
A mate that knows spots
A hook (although I see people getting flamed for touching snakes in the wild with one)
Chips
Soft drink
A woman (hopefully will cook breakfast too)
Mobile phone
And I don't know abuot the 4x4 as drinking and driving don't mix
Containers and pillow cases :shock:

Am I missing anything now?

As you pointed out just a word of warning regarding taking snake hooks, containers, pillow cases etc etc. If for whatever reason you are pulled over whilst driving or if walking spotted with such equipment it is likely you will come under some scunity from the authorities. It can even be used to suggest you intended to disturbed wildlife (best case) or even intended to take from the wild and sold on the black market (haha I know their imagination runs wild sometimes). I wouldn't say strictly dont take them, just be aware of it and judge for yourself the likelihood of someone misguiding your intentions.

OK so far I'm taking.

Camera
Snake bite kit
A belly full of water
Water
A plastic sheet and tin can (for water)
Bourbon (although I prefer Bundy ;))
Ice Coffee
Head torch
Hand held torch
A mate that knows spots
A hook (although I see people getting flamed for touching snakes in the wild with one)
Chips
Soft drink
A woman (hopefully will cook breakfast too)
Mobile phone
And I don't know abuot the 4x4 as drinking and driving don't mix
Containers and pillow cases :shock:

Am I missing anything now?

you forgot a back pack to put it all in..
or maybe you juggle.

you forgot your shovel, how are you going to dig your hole to collect water? you don`t want dirt under your fingernails :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back