what type of bluey is this??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bikiescum2003

Reaction score
this is a bluey that was given to my dad but we are not sure of its origin. it is a captive breed lizard so there is a chance that it could even be a cross

yes its a blotched blue-tongue, not bad lookin either

Lowland Blotched Bluetongue

That's a Blotched Blue-tongue, lowland form - Tiliqua nigrolutea

Looks like a female to me.

What do you mean by origin?

No worries. :)

I'm not quite sure what you're asking about origin though?

What team does it follow in the State of Origin?

Looks to me to be a mainland lowland form (the Tasmanian lowland Blotchies I've seen tend to be blacker with silver blotches).
That specimen looks similar to those found round Melbourne from what I've seen but my experience with lowlands is pretty limited being a Welshman :lol: . A Victorian bluey lover would be the best person to narrow it down for you.

I doubt you'll get an exact locality though, especially if it's captive bred.

Looks like a pure Victorian lowland to me though.

Cheers zen

Doesnt support state of origin Rennie, its an AFL lizard.
Its a lowland form S nigrolutea as stated. Common in southern Vic and looks like the type Ive picked up on the penninsular and elsewhere round Melbournes outskirts. Smaller than ther alpine forms. Worth more in NSW than Victoria
I would be giving old Zen the points for this round for sure. :mrgreen:

thank you all
this little fella was given to him in very poor condition, he has now had it for 2 months and has put on a hell of a lot of weight. those beardie pellets do the trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back