Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton-Crowley

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Any help would be great thanx.

It was a dull, light olive colour, with a bright yellow belly.

After my cat Barbra brought it in I released it into the bush. A bit shaken, but in good health :D

Attachments

• 26032010291.jpg
    26032010291.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 554
  • 26032010293.jpg
    26032010293.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 652
Any help would be great thanx.

It was a dull, light olive colour, with a bright yellow belly.

After my cat Barbra brought it in I released it into the bush. A bit shaken, but in good health :D
even though you say it was in good health ...the smallest cat punctures can turn septic ..and that snake is as good as dead sadly ...cats and snakes usually end up with the reptile dead due to severe infections that the snake cant over come ...:(
Is it possible at all to keep your cat indoors? to avoid any more dramas...

What a nice GTS People should learn to keep there cats in and for god sake pulll your bloody pants up!!

If you don't know what it is why are you holding it?

The pillowcase or tea towel in your hand seems to be giving you a false sense of security!

It's a shame it wasn't a Brown snake........all the other wildlife would me much safer with one less cat to worry about!

Maybe the tea towel is acting as a blindfold so as the snake can't see where it is biting :):):)

seemes to be a few of these popping up lately,my brother rang me about a week ago with a descriptionof a snake in his yard,he said it's a yellow bellied black snake(lol) and described it,i told him its a gts.he said that explains why it went up a tree

Okay.....a few to reply to.

Redbellybite: Cheers for the info. I hope the poor thing is doing okay.

Lewy: Are you one of those old geezers who wears their pants up to their armpits???

Saratoga: It's head was in my cats mouth, in my lounge room. I wasn't about to pick my cat up and let it finish it outside. So I gently picked the snake up and got it out of my cats mouth with minimum fuss. The pillow case is there coz it was bleeding.
And what's with the whole, "It's a shame that it wasn't a brown snake" crap? ***???? Are you serious? Yeah....Cheers for that.
Wishing death on any animal is horrible.
You are a knob of the highest order !!!!
Pull your head in, you turkey.

Look guys......It's crap that my cat doesn't have the mental capacity to go, "Hey, is that a snake....well I better not harm it". Instead, I'll just busy myself with this ball of string,"
Ummmm.....it's a cat!!!! They attack anything that moves. It's impossible to keep this cat indoors, as I live in an old Queenslander style house that has no fly screens. So if I close all the doors, the bloody thing will just jump out the window anyway. Not all cats are indoor cats.

It's not as if she brings me snakes on a daily basis. This is the first time. Would you perfer it if I just went at the snake with a shovel, like so many ignorant people do???? At least I know about snakes and have handled quite a few, so I know not to flip out. I just did what I thought was best for the snake, and released it near a creek, far away from any residential areas, so this snake won't bump into another cat anytime soon.

Not all cats are indoor cats. ...are you able to build a cage area so she can be outside but wont be able to do wildlife harm>? ...next time it could be an eastern brown snake ,and they arent as forgiving as a harmless gts ....just a suggestion on stopping bad outcomes for your wildlife that surrounds you and your cat ..you could lose so much more then just a few snakes and such next time ...vets are very expensive ,especially treating snake bites ...

Okay.....a few to reply to.

Redbellybite: Cheers for the info. I hope the poor thing is doing okay.

Lewy: Are you one of those old geezers who wears their pants up to their armpits???

Saratoga: It's head was in my cats mouth, in my lounge room. I wasn't about to pick my cat up and let it finish it outside. So I gently picked the snake up and got it out of my cats mouth with minimum fuss. The pillow case is there coz it was bleeding.
And what's with the whole, "It's a shame that it wasn't a brown snake" crap? ***???? Are you serious? Yeah....Cheers for that.
Wishing death on any animal is horrible.
You are a knob of the highest order !!!!
Pull your head in, you turkey.

Look guys......It's crap that my cat doesn't have the mental capacity to go, "Hey, is that a snake....well I better not harm it". Instead, I'll just busy myself with this ball of string,"
Ummmm.....it's a cat!!!! They attack anything that moves. It's impossible to keep this cat indoors, as I live in an old Queenslander style house that has no fly screens. So if I close all the doors, the bloody thing will just jump out the window anyway. Not all cats are indoor cats.

It's not as if she brings me snakes on a daily basis. This is the first time. Would you perfer it if I just went at the snake with a shovel, like so many ignorant people do???? At least I know about snakes and have handled quite a few, so I know not to flip out. I just did what I thought was best for the snake, and released it near a creek, far away from any residential areas, so this snake won't bump into another cat anytime soon

We would prefer that you be responsible and keep your cat indoors.

Would you get a dog if you didn't have a fence that could keep it in your yard? Why should a cat be treated any different?

wow...
1. green tree snake, common, harmless. most probably going to die now, especially that you have said it is bleeding around the HEAD area...
2. not all cats are indoor cats yes, but a cat run can be made so the cat is able to travel outside and not kill native wildlife, which was here long before cats got introduced.
3. totally agree with the dog in the fence comment, cats are no different they can just jump fences, it is irresponsable to allow an animal in your control to do this, therefore whenever it kills something from being out, it actually falls on your shoulders!
4. my boyfriend has a cat and they keep it indoors. it is fine. any other cats in my opinion are FERAL and only come back to you to get fed....
5. I would have preferred you have an 'accident' with your cat and a brown snake, then maybe you would be a little more concerned when it comes to keeping your cat secure inside or in a run....

you might not be so lucky next time! so be careful and be responsible.. keep the dang thing inside!!

I do agree, keep the cat indoors or in a cage.

Also, pull your pants up, the whole pants around the knees look is very last year :)

Well you're right about not all cats are indoor cats!

Lions, tigers, servals, leopards etc......they are outdoor cats......the usual moggy is an indoor cat!

i don't blame the cat for this.......the responsibility lies entirely with the owner...and that is you.

IF YOU OWN A CAT, KEEP IT INSIDE OR IN A CAT RUN.

Every other pet owner is obliged to keep their pet under control, but cat owners seem to think they have a right to let their pets wander anywhere...killing wildlife, spraying in neighbours gardens, fighting etc.

IF YOU CANT LOOK AFTER A PET PROPERLY...THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE IT.

You may think I hate cats....I dont..they are lovely animals if properly looked after.

Pull my head in!....don't think so....though I did have to turn away when I saw all those designer spots in your nether region.....if I had spots down there there's no way I'd be advertising it.....even if I did catch them from Kelvin Kline!

Last edited:
never mind its illegal to let your cat outside, and living where you do your cat could end up as snake food for a big python as so many do up your way.

It's illegal to let your cat outside in Queensland ? It certainly should be but when did that happen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back