What type of wattage ratting for Ceramic Emitter Heaters ??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Langmac

Reaction score
HI Folks, I am new to the game of reptiles and currently in the process of setting up an enclosure and a little unsure as to the correct wattage ratting for these Ceramic Heat Lamp Emitters to use. As your are aware they come in 60,75,100,150 and 250-watt ratings. Is it best to use the larger 250 watt as it is on for shorter periods of time, hence more energy efficient and longer life of the lamp etc and a quicker heating time. Or is there more to it. The enclosure is to house a Spotted Python and is Approx. 4ft x 4ft. A thermostat would regulate the temperature. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

RE: What type of wattage ratting for Ceramic Emitter Heaters

For a 4x2x2 i use a 150 watt ceramic.
At first i had the same idea you have of using the largest size (250 watts) but i learnt very quickly that it is a huge overkill. The 250's heat up so hot that it just isnt feasible for the smaller enclosures. By smaller i mean the usual private keepers size enclosures (average of 4x2x2).

I have a few 4*2*2 enclsoures and i would not put any higher than a 150 watt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back