What water do you use for your snakes?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In broome the water is so salty that no matter how much you have you are constantly thirsty.

In all the time I've owned my Stimmy, I've never once seen him drink. And then, today, when he was out for one of his weekly winter basking sessions, I actually saw him have a long cool swig. OK, I know, it's not very exciting, but it was kind of cool to finally see him doing it. Oh and BTW - it was tap. ;)

Andynic, you and me both. Researching the issue I can only find evidence that oxygen assists with other dechlorinators. Stuff using the spray nozzle from here on in. One really interesting thing I did discover from the research is that Vitamin C, as either ascorbic acid or sodium ascorbate, is an excellent dechlorinator. Changing the mind set from aeration and oxygen to vitamin C is nothing short of bizarre. I think I am going to have to work on that one.

Cypher, the chemical reaction is virtually immediate. It is only limited by the time it takes for the dissolved water ager to be evenly mixed through the water. Water aging mixtures are also designed to remove any heavy metals, such as copper, from solution (not such a problem these days).

Borntobnude, When I lived in Adelaide you never ever left the bath water sit when finished with and there were days you did not wash whites as they would have ended up dirtier than when they went in. We also reckoned that it was the water that gave Southwark and West End their particularly earthy favour.

Zipidee, that is the sort thing that makes the hobby as enjoyable as it is - simple pleasures that give you a real buzz. You are clearly addicted... good!

Cockney_Red, Spot on the money and something very important that all keepers of pythons (and other snakes) need to know.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back