what would you say to this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
How is this for straight talk? I recieved this Email apparently from a talk show on CBS...

Please take the time to read and see what you think. Andy Rooney has the nack to say things right.

Surprised CBS let him get away with this even though he's right.
AMEN ANDY ROONEY !
Right on, Andy Rooney!
Andy Rooney said on "60 Minutes" a few weeks back:
I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.

The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America.

Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens... Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason; that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts!

ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.
When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling; it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry behind if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich I don't pity the poor.

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television.
That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.
And if you don't like my point of view, tough...

Answer it how ever you like... I just posted it here - I didn't say it!

Oh, you believed it?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp

Says it's false... Oh well - it's funny anyhow.... How we get suckered into believing Emails... Read the snopes page fully, it's really funny how people start chain emails and use other people's names... And they in turn look very bad...

Almost as good as winning the lottery or getting to look after a nigerian estate just by giving them your bank account ID!

id say that i think its 100% true. i dunno if he said it but who ever said it is right.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

I reckon it's stupid how people are trying to ban parents from smacking their kids- how else are they going to learn the rules of discipline, or learn to respect. It doesn't promote violence, just laws of authority!
Sorry to go off track!

The whole thing is pretty well spot on I say!

I reckon it's stupid how people are trying to ban parents from smacking their kids- how else are they going to learn the rules of discipline, or learn to respect. It doesn't promote violence, just laws of authority!
Sorry to go off track!

The whole thing is pretty well spot on I say!

It's all because the few who take it too far... :( there's always a minority that let us down...

This whole piece is quite educational - and yes, most of it seems pretty on the money...

In NZ we have a maori rugby team... i love it... but - you don't get a pakeha (white) rugby team...

And even dolphins discipline their young with force... i saw a wildlife doco where two adult dolphins pinned down a young one because it was naughty... Was quite frightening how violent they were!

But there's books on how to discipline your children without smacking or yelling... suprisingly enough much of it is true - but the ol smack ya bum thing usually worked better :)

Still not sure which side I am on in that argument - It would be interesting to see a large group of familys from all socio economic backgrounds and see if smacking over discipline without smacking has any bearing on the outcome of the children at latter stages on life...

Would be a difficult study I would say at the very least - as so many environmental factors play a part and the large amount of time required to conduct the study.

My first child was brought up without smacking, and she is a very well disciplined girl (on the whole).

And even dolphins discipline their young with force... i saw a wildlife doco where two adult dolphins pinned down a young one because it was naughty... Was quite frightening how violent they were!

Dolphins are the bench mark for societal behaviour? I must have missed that memo. Let us all rejoice in pack rape as the dolphins do (an act also witnessed in the bible of doco!)

I can only assume that the people who support these statements are not members of a significant minority. Thank whoever it is you thank that you were born free in a marvellous country of opportunity. Or do you blame the poor and misstreated for being born in the wrong country?

If the minorities in the USA were receiving special treatment and more opportunity than the majority....they would be running the country instead of filling up the jails and poverty zone. I think Public Enemy put it best... "don't believe the hype".

The only statement within that email that makes any sense is the reference to "African Americans" and I'm pretty sure that term is being faded out anyway.

Dolphins are the bench mark for societal behaviour? I must have missed that memo. Let us all rejoice in pack rape as the dolphins do (an act also witnessed in the bible of doco!)

There's a smidgen of a chance that you may have just missed the point I was trying to make... just an eensy weensy smidgen of a possibility... But still... thanks for the comment - I must be too vague for you and I apologise.

Maybe not a benchmark - but most certainly we consider the dolphin as an intelligent(ish) species portrayed through media and Opo the dolphin...

Flipper once said Awrrrrrrr Awrrrrr squeeeal... I am pretty sure that meant don't smack ya children... But it may have been misinterpreted to something that sounded similar like You're fat and ugly and should eat more chocolate cake (very similar in dolphinese). But I digress...

Dolphins aren't cute and nor are kids!

Maybe I could try to train a kid to backflip through a flaming hoop whils being smacked by a fat, on parole, african-american dolphin. That way the could entertain the rich while feeding the poor.

ANZAC DAY TEST bundaberg run test go AUSTRALIA no one from cbs fox or ch 9 sends me emails lol cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back