what would you say to this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: perhaps you should read some religous texts, it is completely forbidden under isalm, christianity and judaism. Most ppl just modify their religions to fit in with modern society.

A) It's only forbidden because 2000+ year old words have been twisted to say it is.

B) While they may say disparaging words against the act of "man love"....very few texts directly instruct their followers to discriminate against the participants. As a general rule....that job is left to god....if god can't handle the job why does a religious person think they can?

C) How are the words of an ancient text, written in a dead language of any relevance to a modern society that has the wonders of drive through, penicillin and "scrubs".

Last edited:
A) It's only forbidden because 2000+ year old words have been twisted to say it is.

B) While they may say disparaging words against the act of "man love"....very few texts directly instruct their followers to discriminate against the participants. As a general rule....that job is left to god....if god can't handle the job why does a religious person think they can?

C) How are the words of an ancient text, written in a dead language of any relevance to a modern society that has the wonders of drive through, penicillin and "scrubs".

a. They have actually been twisted towards being tolerant of homosexuality, what evidence or reasoning is behind you thinking it is going the other way?

b. they are religous laws, ppl would logically create their laws and beliefs based on their religion

c. They arnt to me, beyond the fact they influence the majority of the worlds population. I personally think ppl like ossama bin laden are better ppl than those who sell out on the true original form of their religion. Even though he represents my enemies that should be eliminated, he isnt actually a evil person IMO(not that i believe in the concept of evil anyway)

a. They have actually been twisted towards being tolerant of homosexuality, what evidence or reasoning is behind you thinking it is going the other way?

b. they are religous laws, ppl would logically create their laws and beliefs based on their religion

c. They arnt to me, beyond the fact they influence the majority of the worlds population. I personally think ppl like ossama bin laden are better ppl than those who sell out on the true original form of their religion. Even though he represents my enemies that should be eliminated, he isnt actually a evil person IMO(not that i believe in the concept of evil anyway)

I will agree to disagree.

Discussing religion is a futile matter, neither party's views will be swayed. I did not really want to enter a religion debate...I just find it hard to bite my tongue, a bad habit of mine.

On a positive note...the Aussies appear to be spanking the Kiwis, all is right in the world.

On a positive note...the Aussies appear to be spanking the Kiwis, all is right in the world.

Yeah but you cant trust them they are slimey :lol: (not to be taken the wrong way)

hehe...

Hey - back to the religious note - I saw 300 and was mostly impressed.. but now, the persians, being iran and iraq (correct me if I am wrong) were very much portrayed as liberal sex agents - in other words lesbian and gay sex appeared to be prominant in their portrayal... I guess it was before the time of the prophet mohammed to stamp out that blasphemy etc... (I have forgotten words through lateness and tiredness)

hehe...

Hey - back to the religious note - I saw 300 and was mostly impressed.. but now, the persians, being iran and iraq (correct me if I am wrong) were very much portrayed as liberal sex agents - in other words lesbian and gay sex appeared to be prominant in their portrayal... I guess it was before the time of the prophet mohammed to stamp out that blasphemy etc... (I have forgotten words through lateness and tiredness)

In actual fact virtual all the spartans got into the man man stuff as part of their culture, they wernt homosexual(well generally not, maybe?) but yeah if you were in their army you did as their army did. That movie is just a movie, from watching the trailer i could see it was far from anything based on facts.

In actual fact virtual all the spartans got into the man man stuff as part of their culture, they wernt homosexual(well generally not, maybe?) but yeah if you were in their army you did as their army did. That movie is just a movie, from watching the trailer i could see it was far from anything based on facts.

well then, was that just another hidden message in the movie:

gay = bad
hetero = good

Rather than fact a conspiracy against same sex alliances.... And perhaps Persia in general.

I mean really has anyone actually been disadvantaged becaus the person across the counter couldnt pronounce their rs or ls.

Not if its a corner store(although it is annoying), but there are plenty of other places where it can cause real problems, i work in a pathology lab and i had someone who cant sepak properly call up and try to tell me stuff, i asked them many times to repeat what they were saying but without being able to check on the computer there would have been no way i could have got the details required with any reliability. In a urgent important situation it could lead to a persons death easily.

I dont go to a percentage of my uni lectures because i(and virtually everyone else) cant understand some of the lecturers when they talk and im paying them thousands of dollars for them to teach me stuff.

Not if its a corner store(although it is annoying), but there are plenty of other places where it can cause real problems, i work in a pathology lab and i had someone who cant sepak properly call up and try to tell me stuff, i asked them many times to repeat what they were saying but without being able to check on the computer there would have been no way i could have got the details required with any reliability. In a urgent important situation it could lead to a persons death easily.

I dont go to a percentage of my uni lectures because i(and virtually everyone else) cant understand some of the lecturers when they talk and im paying them thousands of dollars for them to teach me stuff.

I'm not saying they don't know what their doing but Its the same with some doctors, vets and teachers. I've heard of English teachers who can't spell words and where the class cannot understand over half of what is said.

A doctor i went to once could hardly get a proper word of English out of his mouth. :shock:

By the way i saw 300 last week. What can i say not based on many true facts but the best movie I've seen for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back