Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrakka

Reaction score
hey all
i just found this lil fella stuck to our window after some rain so can any one tell me what sort of tree frog it is an what they usually sell for im not going to catch it or sell it, id rather leave him on the window but id like to get one. thanks for the help

Attachments

• PC030087.jpg
    PC030087.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 133
here in darwin we can have them as pets without a licence but if we wanted to breed and sell them we would have to apply for a permit :D there awesome i got tonnes of them around my backyard :D

From that shot it looks like Litoria infrafrenata, White Lipped Treefrog they are a lot more angular than a Green Tree Frog, although Brisbane is a bit too south for it. Do you have more photos from other angles?

The License in queensland, I THINK PLEASE check, allows you to keep some frogs that you have caught on your property.

From the arc site:
http://frogs.org.au/arc/legal.html

Queensland licences and protection

The Queensland governmental departments responsible for frogs are the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS). It is difficult to locate the relevant laws either online or by telephoning the agencies.

To the best of my knowledge, these are the important regulations (as at March 2005):

* All frog indigenous to Australia are protected wildlife and cannot be taken from the wild in any form adult, juvenile, larva or egg without a permit.
* The exception to the above is that a person may take and keep up to eight adult frogs of up to four species but no more than two frogs of any one species "for personal enjoyment". The "taking" (catching) must be done on the person’s own property and the frogs be kept on that property. The frogs can’t be displayed and should there be progeny, the metamorphs must be released at the point of capture within 7 days of metamorphosis.
* Frogs from outside Queensland must not be moved into the state without a permit.

The application for the relevant permit is available online but you may need to make a phone call to discover the exact cost. (It is around $50.)

* View application for Recreational wildlife licence (birds, reptiles, amphibians)

hey all thanks for ya help i dont have any other pics of him and im pritty certain that it isn't a white lipped frog as it hasn't got a whit lip lol. i think it is prob a baby green tree frog so thanks all for ya help

its a graceful tree frog :) Litoria gracilenta u can tell coz it has the flash colours on his hind legs and also the shape of him ive never seen the normal green tree frogs that shape :) pretty frogs :) he would have only been small yeah ?

Tiz one of these................

Attachments

• Little frog 012.jpg
    Little frog 012.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 36
Definately a santa frog, you can tell by the extra clear suction foot and the attached disguise as christmas lights.:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back