Whats your trick?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skitzmix

Reaction score
Hey all,

Wondering what your favourite trick to get a picky snake to eat is?

I've heard braining, rubbing in chicken poop or feathers but is there any other good tricks?

I use Quail to get fussy eaters to eat, also I find that some don't want to eat whilst they are being watched, I leave the food item in the enclosure on the heat so they release an odor that attracts them. Make sure the food item is thoroughly defrosted and warm as the back of your hand. I have tried braining and other things and it just made me sick and did nothing for the Snake.

Out of interest, how long after you got the snake did he eat? I'm at 2 weeks 4 days. He's 4 months old. I wouldn't be overly concerned if he wasn't so young. He's finishing a shed now, so hopefully after that he will be all good. He doesn't look like he has lost any size or anything thank goodness. Still seems healthy and happy but I am very new to this.

Out of interest, how long after you got the snake did he eat? I'm at 2 weeks 4 days. He's 4 months old. I wouldn't be overly concerned if he wasn't so young. He's finishing a shed now, so hopefully after that he will be all good. He doesn't look like he has lost any size or anything thank goodness. Still seems healthy and happy but I am very new to this.
He actually got to 6 weeks before I finally got him to eat, now he has eaten 3 weeks in a row. I found I really have to bop his body and face with the pinkie and he snapped it up. Braining certainly helped and also defrosting in rabbit poo

Back