Wheeleri

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh. I'd rather asper and/or amyae.

I would have thought that it would have made more sense to sell the complete four at a set price. Individual sales are pointless in this instance would they not. Especially when you look at it being the first time the species is available for trade. Dont get me wrong, i'd love to get them, but i see absolutley no point in acquiring just one or two.......you would have to get 3 or 4 to be in a suitable spot to aid in further increasing the breeding of such an extraordinary species.
What does everyone else think?
Either way this species is going to make some serious $ for breeders over the next 5yrs or so.

I would have thought that it would have made more sense to sell the complete four at a set price. Individual sales are pointless in this instance would they not. Especially when you look at it being the first time the species is available for trade. Dont get me wrong, i'd love to get them, but i see absolutley no point in acquiring just one or two.......you would have to get 3 or 4 to be in a suitable spot to aid in further increasing the breeding of such an extraordinary species.
Either way this species is going to make some serious $ for breeders over the next 5yrs or so.

Valid point Twiggz, I agree.

I don't particularly like the look of them, I'd much prefer asper and/or amyae as well.

Lol wouldn't b surprised if they were sold tomorrow...... There are some rich herp collectors who would like to en-cash on something like that......... Even the add said, good investment, not good pet......... LMFAO.......... But like what the last few posts have said, an animal is worth what some one is ready to pay for it......... SO HAPPY BUYING........ Do let me know when the prise drops....... cheers.........

Yes agree it is a smart idea to snap up all of them, will be out of my price range for quite a long time. Seeing some Oedura species for sale lately has been more mouth watering to my tastes, just dont have the money or the permision at the moment for anything, very disappointing.

you would have to get 3 or 4 to be in a suitable spot to aid in further increasing the breeding of such an extraordinary species.

Maybe i'm missing something, but whats so extraordinary about them? Not bad sure, but hardly extraordinary.
Give it a couple of years and they'll be worth the same as Asper. Too many easily found in the bush to stay expensive for too long. Once a few people have them on paper, watch how fast they'll "multiply".

they used to be kept years ago in NSW, heck were even on class 1, they are not the first to be offered in the reptile trade
Blake

Maybe i'm missing something, but whats so extraordinary about them? Not bad sure, but hardly extraordinary.
Give it a couple of years and they'll be worth the same as Asper. Too many easily found in the bush to stay expensive for too long. Once a few people have them on paper, watch how fast they'll "multiply".

That pretty much sums up the whole situation ...

true. once they star breeding they will be everywhere. shame really, putting a price on them like that will only increase the amount being taken from the wild. Happens with anything unusual.

i see the price dropping in these guys like a tone of bricks!! yes they dont have many ofspring but how could you say no to an asper or amyie to soend 16K on 4 similar geckoes. good luck to the buyer, i hope the price stays up so you get your money back! i think 6K ofr the colony would be a realistic price.

once they star breeding they will be everywhere.

Yes. Once they start "breeding" they will be everywhere. Everyone knows that they can produce up to 20 fertile eggs a season per pair. Amazing. Gee we'll have some good Wheeleri breeders in this country, if you know what i'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back