where do you feed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feed all my snakes in their enclosures, depending on the snake I either offer the food and they take it or leave the food in their and they take it once I'm out of the room. Everything is fed irregularly so there is no 'feed day' and nothing is aggressive due to food.

Well i use a general rule of feeding thawed rodents inside the inclosure and live mice outside the inclosure so that the mice urine does not squirt everywhere inside there cage. mmm mice urine.

Well i use a general rule of feeding thawed rodents inside the inclosure and live mice outside the inclosure so that the mice urine does not squirt everywhere inside there cage. mmm mice urine.

I'm assuming that someone's already mentioned this to you but you're not allowed to feed live in Australia.

My diamonds live in click clacks and are both fed inside their tubs.
My stimson is now usually fed inside his tank.
The woma is usually fed outside his tank, and he could easily bite my arm if he wanted to if he was being fed inside his tank. His tank sits upon my tv cabnit so my arm is usually held straight out to get into his tank.

I dont handle any of my snakes one day before feeding, on feeding day, and two-three days after feeding day. They are fed ever 10-14 days :)

I used to feed all my snakes outside their houses.. haven't had any drama with them now that I've started feeding in.

I'm assuming that someone's already mentioned this to you but you're not allowed to feed live in Australia.

actually i think you are legally allowed to in most states. very much frowned upon and unsafe for your snake. but not illegal. especially if you document (doesnt have to be true) that they wont take thawed or prekilled. i personally disagree with it because why risk it? and there are usually more humane ways to go about feeding.

I feed my Childrens in his enclosure every time without a problem! Little baby as well !

actually i think you are legally allowed to in most states. very much frowned upon and unsafe for your snake. but not illegal. especially if you document (doesnt have to be true) that they wont take thawed or prekilled. i personally disagree with it because why risk it? and there are usually more humane ways to go about feeding.

yeah just not worth the risk i reckon. =)

that is the more exciting way, we still get excited about feed day, so do the 3 kids, Zami plays the game well too, always in strike pose waiting, we feed in a different container and i wouldnt do it any other way( also use large stubby nose tweezers, stubby nose incase they miss and hit nose). Our 16 month old female spotty, Zami knows as soon as i put her in that container, its feed time, instantly in strike pose ready for her dinner!!

that is the more exciting way, we still get excited about feed day, so do the 3 kids, Zami plays the game well too, always in strike pose waiting, we feed in a different container and i wouldnt do it any other way( also use large stubby nose tweezers, stubby nose incase they miss and hit nose). Our 16 month old female spotty, Zami knows as soon as i put her in that container, its feed time, instantly in strike pose ready for her dinner!!

yeah i'm learning all families are doing it this was , where did you get these stubby nose tweezers from or can i have a pic please
thanks for the kind reply

I feed my snakes in their enclosures once a week then wait 2 days before taking them out to handle them....Ive had no problems to date..touch wood...LOL

cheers

I only feed one of mine in the enclosure, and that's one of my water pythons. I tried feeding her in there once and she went nuts for a few weeks afterwards. Worth noting though that I bought her at five years of age and she was very much used to out of enclosure feeding at this stage...

Get enough snakes and you will feed in the enclosures - takes too much time to do otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back