where do you get elapids?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovemycoastal

Reaction score
i was just wondering, im not ready for vens just yet, but i would love a red belly black one day but have noooo idea where to even start looking for them for sale?
where does everyone buy theres from?

they come up now and then. put up a wanted ad and keep bumping it and you should get a hit...

Go to the for sale section and type Pseudechis porphyriacus. I got nine results.
Like Cad said, you might be best to put a wanted ad when the time comes. You also might have to expand your search area. For stuff that doesn't come up every day you might need to freight it from another state

As an example I can't say I've seen too many red bellies for sale at times. Maybe one or two a year? Generally people know someone who knows someone else who is selling them, and as such they are snapped up pretty quickly without the need for advertising. I've had to make plenty of enquiries with numerous people before I’ve been able to track down certain species I’ve purchased or swapped, and then years down the track either don’t have those details any more, or they’ve changed :lol: Just start poking around and sooner or later you’ll strike gold ;)

sweet, thanks guys! ill put up a wanted ad next year sometime, because by then ill be able to have one, just money is a problem right now because im going to europe to backpack in september and not sure when im coming back :)

thanks cadwallader! im sure ill have the time of my life over there! hopefully ill see some cool reptiles somewhere! haha
but by the looks of it, i shouldnt have a problem finding a RBB when i get back, ill just have to get my own place again because there is no wayyyyy mum would let me have a venomous snake in the house. so hopefully this time next year ill have one!

Reptiles Down Under, Herp Trader. A lot of people who sell them don't use the net.
By the time you are ready for them you'll know enough people to be able to get one just by word of mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back