Where is Mum? Somewhere under there.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyscott

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This is this females 1st litter, 14 bubs in all. Mum is under there somewhere :D.

Attachments

• smothered mum 1.jpg
    smothered mum 1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 254
  • smothered mum 2.jpg
    smothered mum 2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 184
Mmmm, snake food :)

Good looking litter there.

LOL, No break, I leave all my males in the tubs with the females and litters, she is already pregnant again.

Doesn't it make you feel bad to feed such cute little living animals to your snake? I have a rat as a pet and find that quite wrong.

Doesn't it make you feel bad to feed such cute little living animals to your snake? I have a rat as a pet and find that quite wrong.

Would you prefer the snakes to starve? Doesnt that make you feel bad? I have a snake and the thought of not feeding her makes me feel quite wrong...

I actually have a rat as a pet, not a breeder or anything, his name's Mr Whiskers and I love him to bits :lol:
Yes rats are adorable and make really great pets, but so do snakes, and snakes need to eat as well.
I dont like the idea of any animals suffering, but thats life for you...
Besides Andy Scott's rats are being well looked after and will most likely be killed quickly and humanely.

i do feel bad somtimes about them so i only buy rats and mice that have been culled humanely like throu the CO2 chambers.

nawww, so cute, i could never breed and euthenaise my own, id end up with a trillion ratty pets! :)

Well said Sarah all these people crying about feeding rats to snakes they have to eat just like us or die eventually thats very cruel and a very slow way to go

I have tried so hard over the years to get all my snakes to feed on Rice and Beans, the fussy buggers just wont go for it :x

Not a rat person but that seems like a massive litter! I love the lighter coloured fawn and whites, they're so cute!

Would you like me to send one up to you Thals?
If Dan is still down here, he can pick a pair up before he heads back :lol:

nawwww, cute and tasty :p

nawww, so cute, i could never breed and euthenaise my own, id end up with a trillion ratty pets! :)

seconded, last time a pinky was bought from the shop for my bluey (was experimenting), practically was shamed by the family... you know,
"awww poor thing, how could you, etc etc etc"
ended up dying (despite efforts to try and wean it) and fed him/her/it to the bluey anyway the very next day...

still want a snake tho :rolleyes:

I breed rodents as pets. I also have a pet snake that eats rodents.

No different to my chickens.
I keep chickens as pets (pure chinese silkies, some bearded) and also eat chicken. I'm not going to feel guilty for eating my Sunday roast just because I also keep them as pets.

What a beautiful healthy litter of bubbies, I've had a litter that's had a bit of a rough start so they're a bit runty, some may need to be euthanised because they are starting to have a bit of a chest rattle. Then again it was a 7 month old doe and it was her first litter so that could be part of my problem.
So I'm a little jelous, I wish all litters could turn out as good :( .

Andy, they are beautiful babies! :) And they are at the stage I found it hardest to 'cull' when I bred them... They are soooo cute at this age, but, when you have so many people (including yourself!) who's snakes are on that size, the decision is simple... Sad, but simple... Besides, rats tend to breed like... well... rats! It's never very long before you have another of your females with babies at that age/stage!

Anyway, those are gorgeous little ratties, and credits to that sweet, patient mum (she's good, pay to hang on to her!)!

Best,
Carolyn

I didn't mean any offense. I know snakes need to eat and would never willingly let any animal go hungry. I love all animals.

I was just curious as to whether or not snake owners ever felt bad for their rats? I can't imagine willingly feeding a live animal, say my kitten, to another living thing.. :'(

I know they need to eat, don't get me wrong, but I just wish there was an easier way to go about it... Rats do have feelings, unlike insects, and CAN feel themselves being killed.. how would you feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back