Where YOU can get polystyrene

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeusy

Reaction score
So, while I'm enjoying work in the rain on this fantastic public holiday, I got a job for one of our hook lift trucks broken down (I work on garbage trucks, hooklifts being the ones who carry the 30m3 bins). Anyway, I get him half fixed and get him to come back to the workshop so I could finish the job. I finished the job but the driver was stuffing around fixing one of his lights.
I then saw what was in the bin. Bags and bags of 6 x 1200mmx540mmx100mm pieces of polystyrene.
I grabbed out 4 bags for the background I plan on doing in my enclosure (all I could fit in my ute and more than enough for what I need). I asked him where the bin came from and he said DHL the logistics mob. So if you need big pieces of the stuff, check them out.
Once I work out how much I need, I should have plenty spare if anyone wants it.

I've been chasing thick pieces for ages. Can only normally find the thin bits but DHL must use the thick pieces between pallets etc to stop everything moving around. Nothing like scoring free stuff from work.

I grab myn from work as well. A while ago I stockpiled HEAPS to practice some backgrounds, ended up just buying a background and spending about a month or three trying to get rid if the stuff in the bin :facepalm:

Good Guys, Hardly Normal, Joyce Mayne, Big W and the list goes on and on, the stuff takes up so much room in their bins they are glad for anyone to come and take it away, a bit of a tip for beginners in dumpster diving is to see the wharehouse foreman and ask him what day the truck gets there with the deliverys and come back that afternoon, the beauty of that is you get all the choice bits and if you arrange to come back it won't be in the bin with all the bigger bits broken. :) ................................Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back