Where's that button!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stompsy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Usually when I open up aps theres a new posts button. But it seems to have disappeared. Can I have it back pleasey? It makes browsing so much easier!

Ok, the one I usually use is gone. But I found another so.... CRISIS OVER PEOPLE!

But seriously, delete this thread.

Thanks.

Crisis over but it would be nice to have the link back though. Thought it was Firefox but still not there in IE or Opera.

Oh, you mean the "New Posts" link which was moved from "Quick Links" menu to the "Forum" menu?

This occurred soon after the 3.8 upgrade (about 3 weeks ago).

No, the link on the front page of the site that said "nnn new posts", this only disappeared in the past day or two. As gozz mentioned it was located where the banners are.

Thanks

Ahh! That button.

Yeah, I removed that block because it was entirely redundant and just taking up space. Hopefully having a bit less stuff on the home page will make it more useful for members (faster, easier to get to the latest posts, etc).

Ahh! That button.

Yeah, I removed that block because it was entirely redundant and just taking up space. Hopefully having a bit less stuff on the home page will make it more useful for members (faster, easier to get to the latest posts, etc).
That was the fastestway to get to new posts, if anything you have taken the site backwards :)

It's only faster if you are already on the home page... otherwise it's faster to use the Forum menu :p

One of the major reasons I used it was because it told me how many new posts there were. This would indicate to me if I had time to read it now or have to leave it until later.

Unfortunately the menu option provides no such information and I have to take pot luck and possibly miss out on reading a number of posts because I run out of time

Is there any other way of finding out how many new posts are there apart from actually bringing them up on the screen?

I have to disagree Greebo, any change to a User Interface which increases the number of clicks, drop down menus, etc. is what I would describe as a step backwards. It was a very convenient way of getting the new posts and worked extremely well. "If it ain't broke, then fix it til it is?"

Regards

I have added the number of new posts next to the menu item... does that improve it?

Its probably the best of both worlds. Don’t fear change people.

Yes, that is fine. Thanks.

Schlumpe, it is nothing to do with fearing change, it has a lot to do with loss of a feature that I found useful, obviously you didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back