Which Car...?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Car?

• The Mitsubishi Challenger 4WD

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • The BMW 318i Sports Coupe

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • The Volvo S60 Family Sedan

Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forester or Liberty are good family Subarus. They are fairly pricey though from memory

@ $2.05+ a lt get something economical or go diesil but nz has that road tax cost. Wrong time of the year to go back heading into winter
unless your a snow freak. Damn shame they have the no snake rule too. no way i"m goin back except for quick in & out hols

@ $2.05+ a lt get something economical or go diesil but nz has that road tax cost. Wrong time of the year to go back heading into winter
unless your a snow freak. Damn shame they have the no snake rule too. no way i"m goin back except for quick in & out hols

Try $2.35 at the moment per litre!!!

The road tax thing isn't a problem... It's just finding a decent car!!!

No snakes does suck... And the cold... pfffft.... I can always put more clothes on... here, it's somehow illegal to take more off.... I'm sick of the heat (though, if a job had come up in Mareeba I would have considered that!!!).

Which sort? I'm not overly keen on a Subaru - as much as I'd LOVE a WRX Sti - oooooh, yeah... but - I'm still a family guy - and I kinda gotta live like one from time to time... And I'm too young for a midlife crisis!

In your situation (family) I'd look at either an Outback, Liberty or Forester..

I've got a Liberty and it is the smoothest most comfortable ride I've owned to date. All leather interior for the 'luxury' side of things and all round great car IMO. Been on many long road trips and never disappoints.

On my second AA Inspection for next week - @ N$147 each - it's not pretty to keep trying to get a good car!

The new inspection is for a Nissan Skyline 250GT. Looks nice enough.

If that fails - the Subaru Liberty is right up there!

I purchased the skyline (similar to above).

I got a decent wee package including towbar and a high side 6 x 4 galvanised trailer all for under $13k (AUD).

The car got a great report from the AA (Grade 1 - unlikely to need maintainence).

Which was a worry considering the Challenger got a grade 4 - extreme.

I'm pleased with the Skyline decision - I have owned Nissan before as well.

A decent 2.5L V6 RWD... All the AA recommended was a service only...

So I now have to drive from Auckland to South Otago - ROAD TRIP!!!! YEAH!!!

Congrats on the new car mate. Love those type of skylines, they look 'elegant'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back