Which of these 4 laptops should I buy?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagos

Reaction score
Which of these 4 laptops on eBay should I try and win on Auction? (in order as I will try and win another if I fail)

I'm prepared to spend up to $200 on one.

TOSHIBA A200
-INTEL CORE 2 DUO T7500 2.2GHZ
-15.4” LCD SCREEN
-3GB DDR2 RAM
-2X 160GB HDD’S (320GB TOTAL)
-DVD BURNER
-FINGERPRINT READER
-WINDOWS 7 PRO TRIAL INSTALLED
-WINDOWS VISTA PREMIUM COA ATTACHED

Intel Atom
-CPU: Intel N455 1.66GHz
-RAM:2GB DDR3
-HDD:320GB/5400/8M
-intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3600
-Intel D425+Nm10
-13.3 LED screen,1366*768pixel
-High definition 1.3 Mega Pixels Camera
-802.11b/g Wi-Fi
-802.11n Wireless LAB Card#2/Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller #2
-Realtek High Definition Audio

COMPAQ CQ60
-WIRELESS, WEBCAM, HDMI, CHARGER, CARRY BAG.
-INTEL PENTIUM DUAL CORE T3200 CPU @ 2.00 GHZ X 2
-2 GB RAM
-16 INCH GLOSSY WIDESCREEN
-160 GB HARD DRIVE
-WIRELESS AND NORMAL ETHERNET
-WEBCAM
-HDMI
-CARD READER
-GOOD BATTERY,
-DVD R/RW DRIVE
-3 USB , MINI FIREWIRE

HP ELITEBOOK
-100% WORKING ORDER
-EXCELLENT PHYSICAL CONDITION
-CENTRINO 2 VPRO 2.4GHZ DUAL CORE PROCESSOR
-2GB RAM
-160GB HARD DISK
-WIFI
-BLUETOOTH
-WEBCAM
-FINGERPRINT SENSOR
-DVD RW OPTICAL DRIVE
-WINDOWS VISTA BUSINESS X86 FRESHLY INSTALLED AND LICENSED
-COMES WITH ADAPTER
-GREAT BUSINESS GRADE LAPTOP

Thanks

Anything but Toshiba, cheap and tacky pieces of crap.

I wouldn't buy any off ebay. Check the feedback of the sellers, and you'll find a lot of the ones that look like a good price are dodgey ones been sent back to be refurbished but haven't been.

I tend to base my decision on the Graphics Card, and cpu nad RAM. Those dont really show proper information so I'd completely overlook them. I would never get a pc second hand either computers are like cars and slow down after a good thrashing alot of times defragging and reformats are of no use in helping. Also those CPU's suck

Alienware. :)

Alienware are overpriced and they aren't even that special

For 200 dollars, i would be surprised if you can get any of those. And yes buying second hand off ebay is very risky. have you tried Gumtree? you will need to spend more than 200 dollars to get anything decent. or you will end up buying something like this:
middle_weird-laptop.jpg

not that special? My baby is pretty special. 3 gig graphics card, 8 gig ram and an i7 chip. pretty lights and super fast. :)

im running 16g of 1600mhz ram, Octocore AMD overclocked to 5ghz, 2 Radeon 6970's crossfired, and it still cost a hell of a lot less then an alienware machine, then again mines a desktop and i refuse to buy a laptop.
Oh and mine has pretty lights and neons in a uber sexy Corsair Graphite Case

We're not talking about how much **** you can wedge into a desk top we talking about laptops :). but if you wanna start talking about overclocked liquid cooled systems no problems :)

My partner was going to buy Alienware but he thinks they are overpriced too and the shipping costs are ridiculous. He went with another company. I'll ask him the name.

You just gotta know how to talk to these people :) free upgrades and delivery.

My partner was going to buy Alienware but he thinks they are overpriced too and the shipping costs are ridiculous. He went with another company. I'll ask him the name.

Alienware is some of the best computers for gaming ever! I just bought a acer for $600 bucks and has all the gizmos and gadgets and downloads all the movies I wanted it for I have to say within a week it payed for itself :)

Cheers Brenton

oo, whats squeezed into yours vicious, it's about time i upgraded :p
Stay away from Dell my 1 and only laptop i ever had was one and it sucked ***...
I dont know who's a good retailer over that way for pc's but over here we have Austin Computers and PLE and they are amazing. Look at pccasegear, its an australian website and has pricing if you want to buy brand new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back