white-lipped snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a wild-caught one briefly for observation over 40 years ago at Creswick, Victoria, well before any form of licensing was required for reptiles. Only thing I can really remember about it is feeding it small skinks when that wasn't illegal. It was quite a pretty little snake. I think the white-lippeds could be coaxed to take pinkie mice OK, and wouldn't need particularly high heating as they are more of a "cold-country" snake.

Pete.

I had one for a while, they are considered mildy venemous. I never got bitten by it so I can't say how mild. It was a secretive snake and only reached around 30cm, it was 17 cm when I got it. I eventually got it on to pinky mice with scenting but it took a lot of patience. They are grey/black in colour with an orange underbelly. I will see if I still have any photos.

I think my wife is going to lead me to moving to Tassie, and it's either the white-lipped or nothing, as I don't fancy keeping tigers or copperheads :-(

well- I've got a 2-year old, and I promised my beloved spouse no lethal herps, otherwise I'd be thinking of a RBBS........lol

Herping is an delightful hobby, but divorce sucks. Take it from an ex-divorce attorney! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back