White scales after shed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorpious

Reaction score
Don't want to hi-jack Ozuo's post but I got home late from weekend and melbourne and woke this morning to find one of my Darwins had shed and has 2 similar patches (say 2 cm long). Its not on any medication so I thought I'd create my own thread. I can't see scale rot as the humidity isn't particularly high and there is another Darwin that is fine in the same enclosure. Doubt burns to because the enclosure is quiet high and they don't normally try and touch the globes.
So I was wondering if its not unsual that it could have been a problem with something happening to the scales during the shed, that will come good after the next one? I will try and get pics up later in the day when I can borrow a digital camera.
Eitherway I think a trip to the vet will not hurt.

The same thing has happened to my olive. It goes away after the next shed. Im not sure what its from though, could be high humidity? thats all i could think of when it happened to my olive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back