Who believes in Karma?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some truth to the what goes around comes around. I've often helped people out with the occasional free of charge electrical work. And as a result I've also received a lot of mates rates. Often from people I haven't helped too. Helping others often results in people wanting to help you. It's no mysterious force, just human nature. Be an **** and you will find people treat you like one in return. (just look at the relationship I have with steve1 :) )

What relationship? You are an invisible character typing arbitrary crap that appears on my computer screen, for all I know you don't even exist in my realm. Maybe you are Karma? coming and biting me in the **** for the arbitrary crap I vomit on your computer screen.
Maybe I'll attend a WAHS meeting just to reasure myself that I don't suffer from delusions

Snowman, it makes a perfect sense, you you're nice to people and give rather than take, the ones on the receiving side will appreciate your generosity and attitude. Whether some good will come to you as a result of that is questionable. No matter what you do, there will be still some bastard that will try to rip you off or do some harm for a totally unexplainable reason.).

I couldn't have said it better myself Michael. Sounds just like my life at the moment.
cheers
Joy

I have mixed feelings about karma.....

Today i was following behind a dual cab 4wd going straight through an intersection. I noticed a little old red Daihatsu Charade turning right in the intersection. She started to move and my heart jumped... sure enough, she couldnt see and took a stab at getting through. Smack right into the 4wd. her car took all the impact on the drivers side. I was first to her. Blood pouring down her face from a gash on her nose. I found something in her car to help with the bleeding... and took her younger sister (driver was about 18 sister was about 13) to the side of the road to calm her....

Anyway.. after helping for about an hour until the ambos got the driver out i headed off to pickup my youngest son from the grandparents who had to get him from Kinder because i was late for obvious reasons. After i started driving off down the rd i thought id give them a quick call to say i was on my way. Literally had just put the phone to my ear to hear if it had started ringing and sure enough... pulled over by the cops and fined.

As i said to the cop who issued the fine, i totally understand. I strongly believe if you do the wrong thing then you cant complain about the consequences, but sure sucks!!!

What relationship? You are an invisible character typing arbitrary crap that appears on my computer screen, for all I know you don't even exist in my realm. Maybe you are Karma? coming and biting me in the **** for the arbitrary crap I vomit on your computer screen.
Maybe I'll attend a WAHS meeting just to reasure myself that I don't suffer from delusions

If the realm is the same as the matrix then I exist :)

I don't make it to every WAHS gathering... so maybe you will never know?

'Till then I guess we just keep flinging feces at each others computer screens. (takes skat guide off the shelf). :lol:

Snowman, it makes a perfect sense, you you're nice to people and give rather than take, the ones on the receiving side will appreciate your generosity and attitude. Whether some good will come to you as a result of that is questionable. No matter what you do, there will be still some bastard that will try to rip you off or do some harm for a totally unexplainable reason.

Yeah there will always be those people. Guess it all depends how much you let it get to you and how exposed you allow yourself to being ripped off. Someone ran into my Mrs car (when we were still dating) and took off, leaving her with a very smashed in door. From the angle it most likely had to be from the driveway accross the street from her house. But what can you do if you cant prove it. Just move on... I don't think anything bad will happen to the person who did it. But I do believe that walking away from something like that comes at a cost to your character. I'm an argumentative ****, but I pride myself on being generous and honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would Karma cause grief
to some good people with no
intension of paying them back?
It`s called luck,be it good or bad.

This is my karma. I also have a good God looking after me, he doesn't mind my karma.

wine.jpg
[/IMG]

My wife believes in Karma... I do not. She always encourages me to do good things, which I do. On the occasions that she prevents me from doing something bad she always says "they'll get their Karma" to which I retort "How do you know my actions would not be their Karma from a previous offence?... stopping me has just thrown off the Karmic balance of the universe".

My wife believes in Karma... I do not. She always encourages me to do good things, which I do. On the occasions that she prevents me from doing something bad she always says "they'll get their Karma" to which I retort "How do you know my actions would not be their Karma from a previous offence?... stopping me has just thrown off the Karmic balance of the universe".

I love your thinking..... I believe your wife is very wise in encouraging you to stand back and let a *higher source* be that Karma, Fate, Divine Intervention or whatever you want to call it take control of the situation... But with your line of thinking I have to agree also that *BY GOD IT FEELS GOOD TO GET REVENGE FOR YOURSELF*.....lol either way its a WIN WIN :)

Keep the Karma quotes coming... I love them :)

Last edited:
Nope don't believe in it...To me this world is incredible random and unpredictable and their is no karma force or any other force that determines anything( other than maybe luck and fate)....I try to be a good person just because I would want people to be nice to me...not because I personally think their is some predetermined force that rewards good people and punishes bad people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back