Who can tell me if my blue tongue is male of female?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andy1990

Not so new Member
Reaction score
who can help me find out if my blue tongue is male or female cos i want to buy him/her a mate to breed. and so he/she has a friend to hang out with.

thanks

DSCF0360.jpgDSCF0361.jpgDSCF0362.jpgDSCF0366.jpg

tell me if i need better quality photos

Attachments

• IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0224.jpg
    IMG_0224.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
it is useless showing underneath your blue tongue that means nothing,you need a pic from above and about a 100 times clearer and then it will still only be a guess blues a fairly hard to sex......

well it can be told from eye colour and the shape of the head joining the neck if that makes sense lol

who can help me find out if my blue tongue is male or female cos i want to buy him/her a mate to breed. and so he/she has a friend to hang out with.

Next time it goes out to hang with friends, just check if its carrying a wallet or a purse....

:)

it is useless showing underneath your blue tongue that means nothing,you need a pic from above and about a 100 times clearer and then it will still only be a guess blues a fairly hard to sex......

sincere apologies for singling you out but are not the sexual organs of any reptile 'underneath' the animal ??? I look at the vent area to sex Blueys which is much more reliable........photos show female on the left & male on the right. But I also agree that overheads are only a guess especially at such a small size.......

post a replica snap to those of mine & lets have a more accurate look.........

Attachments

• DSCF0554.jpg
    DSCF0554.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCF0553.jpg
    DSCF0553.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 160
go for it...... age & size may be a problem but hopefully we can get somewhere with this old chest nut !!!!!!

sincere apologies for singling you out but are not the sexual organs of any reptile 'underneath' the animal ??? I look at the vent area to sex Blueys which is much more reliable........photos show female on the left & male on the right. But I also agree that overheads are only a guess especially at such a small size.......

post a replica snap to those of mine & lets have a more accurate look.........
no need for apologies jinjajoe i don't mind being corrected.if ya cant admit being wrong how can one learn.first time i have seen blues sexed that way.awesome.....

can't view the attachment ?? I can see your other photos just not that one.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back