Who has a 2006 WRX

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yer but train drivers are weird lol. The drivers I know are on good money but it depends on the persons circumstances.
Yeah fair enough. I read a story on a car forum where a bloke was bankrupt because he was living above his means, even though he was making good money as a train driver in Sydney.

hey mate, I have a 2002 wrx, and all i can say is they are amazing cars. i also bought this car before my house and fortunately for me i paid it off now. So i would say your only young once, if you dont get the car and you keep thinking about it you will get pissed that you never got it when your young. i also thought i would never spend money on it to get more power....10k later i could of bought an STi, which is what i would do if i was you. Dont buy a wrx get a sti you get brembos, forged internals, six speed, the list goes on and on...If you buy a wrx you will wish you bought an sti in about a year or 2.

hey mate, I have a 2002 wrx, and all i can say is they are amazing cars. i also bought this car before my house and fortunately for me i paid it off now. So i would say your only young once, if you dont get the car and you keep thinking about it you will get pissed that you never got it when your young. i also thought i would never spend money on it to get more power....10k later i could of bought an STi, which is what i would do if i was you. Dont buy a wrx get a sti you get brembos, forged internals, six speed, the list goes on and on...If you buy a wrx you will wish you bought an sti in about a year or 2.

Truer words have never been spoken.

I know what you mean bugeye23. I would love an sti but not even sure if I want to spend money buying a wrx. I still want to travel Europe plus buy a house. Currently I own my liberty I bought it for 23000 14months ago. Paid it off in 10 months. I don't know. Wait and see but I should be getting a $2 a Hr payrise in about 8 week's or so :).

if you want one bad enough like i did, you will get one. If you don't then i suspect you should put the money towards a house. cars depreciate, houses generally appreciate. So if your smart buy a house, houses are good debt if you can afford one, cars just lose money as the years go by, i bought my wrx for 25k now im lucky if its worth 14k...just dont impulse buy anything..think it through first, hope this helps you make a good decision.

Think of it like this...

Would you rather be Ken Block, or the average Aussie battler struggling to pay the mortgage for 30 years? Thought so.

That was a joke, lol.

I recently sold my rex, I purchased it for $17k with a bit of mild work done to it and said I wouldn't spend any money on it, 12 months later I had spent an additional $31k. It was an awesome car and I had heaps of fun with it but after a few years I got jack of spending ridiculous amounts of money every time I broke something. I miss my rexy and I'm glad I bought it but I still kinda wish I had put that money towards a house.
If you can get the car and pay it off in less than a year, I say go nuts.

yer but train drivers are weird lol. The drivers I know are on good money but it depends on the persons circumstances.

Train drivers do ok ;) but even on 120k+ a year.... when you take out tax (and there is lots of that), mortgage, bills, super, general expenses (food, petrol, social life - not that i get one)... being able to 'save' $14000 in 3-4 months is over the top. I dont live beyond my means.

Must just be NSW train drivers. The ones in VIC are all pretty good. We hate calling in faults unless we have to.

I know a train driver in QLD, girlfriends mothers partner, sounds long winded when you say it like that, and he's the weirdest person I think I've ever met, so are his train driving friends, nothing against train drivers, just the ones I know of are loopy as all hell.

Back to the issue of the car, I'd say save for a house, save heaps of money and buy a GTR instead you only live once aye lol.

a mate has a 2002 Impreza not the WRX but it has the same handling setup and engine just without the turbo, drives like a dream, I just wish it were more powerful haha I Drove it over the mountain from canungra through beechmont, I don't think I've ever had so much fun, the responsiveness is fantastic.............I change my mind screw the house, buy the car

You've already got a car, don't waste your money. Its a luxury purchase. You're only young, no point blowing your cash on a car now. Work towards owning your own place. The cars will always be there but buying a house is becoming more and more expensive. You'll have plenty of time to own a nice car when you're older ;).

Train drivers do ok ;) but even on 120k+ a year.... when you take out tax (and there is lots of that), mortgage, bills, super, general expenses (food, petrol, social life - not that i get one)... being able to 'save' $14000 in 3-4 months is over the top. I dont live beyond my means.

Must just be NSW train drivers. The ones in VIC are all pretty good. We hate calling in faults unless we have to.

Screw med-school. I should drop out and be a train driver :lol:. That salary is ridiculous! I'm sure it'd take decades of work to be earning 120+ right? I won't be looking at money like that for a VERY long time :(.

Last edited:
Well just got back from test driving. It drove alright but overall I wasn't all that impressed. What I found really odd was that you sit really high in the car, I sit lower in my liberty. I think I will keep my liberty for now. Maybe get a BMW later on, but probably save for house instead.

You've already got a car, don't waste your money. Its a luxury purchase. You're only young, no point blowing your cash on a car now. Work towards owning your own place. The cars will always be there but buying a house is becoming more and more expensive. You'll have plenty of time to own a nice car when you're older ;).

Screw med-school. I should drop out and be a train driver :lol:. That salary is ridiculous! I'm sure it'd take decades of work to be earning 120+ right? I won't be looking at money like that for a VERY long time :(.

Decades? Far from it... Ii know drivers in VIC that are around the $170k mark. Overtime is there for those that want to chase it. 2yrs training to be qualified. The hardest part is getting to the right company ;)

As was mentioned before, a house is a good debt and will appreciate. Buy a house and build up the equity... then buy a car against the house. Harder to do it the other way around.

Awwwww so you mean my dream of buying a Koegnigsegg CCX and then buying a house against it is out? bugger :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back