Who is home schooled here

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am, Its ok I guess.. But sometimes I get mucked around and fall behind :x

i use to be cause I wasn't smart enough for school!!!

I showed them!!!!!!! I now have two degrees adn my second one I graduated with First Class Honours with Distinction.

I would very much like to shove that in their face now.

i use to be cause I wasn't smart enough for school!!!

I showed them!!!!!!! I now have two degrees adn my second one I graduated with First Class Honours with Distinction.

I would very much like to shove that in their face now.

Someone told me most home schoolers end up being smarter and having better jobs :)

..What made u all choose to be home-schooled instead of going to the normal school...?
cos i have 2 kids n maybe want them to be home-schooled ... still sceptical tho..

I didn't ahve a choice. I ahd to past a test to get into the school my parents wanted me to get into. I got the worse mark for three consecutive years. So that's when my Mum said home-schooling was the only option for me.

i see.. so are your textbooks the same as the normal school or different...? n how do u know what stuff to learn..etc..? Is there a teacher coming to teach or ur all by urslf...?
sorry for asking too much..

I believe school is important for social skills development not just the academic side. I have seen many home schooled children who don't cope in social situations (note: I am not inferring that all home schooled children are social misfits lol).

There was a system where I lived in which the school would provide some material for you. My mum taught me at home and we did a little extra from time to time just to get ahead...

these days I'm sure everything will be on the net or something like that??? Don't really know to be honest.

..What made u all choose to be home-schooled instead of going to the normal school...?
cos i have 2 kids n maybe want them to be home-schooled ... still sceptical tho..

I know this is a little wimpy lol.. But I was bullied from grade 1 to the start of this year (grade 9) and both primary and highschool would do nothing about it... Grade 7 I broke my leg from a guy throwing me off A bars (I don't know if anyone knows what they are.. you climb on it and its shaped in a "A" shape). Anyway the guy didn't get anytrhing.. only "Don't push/throw people off again".

So my mum decided to move me to a different primary school for the end of the year and it was better. Then went to highschool and got bullied alot the first year cause all the guys got huge growth spurts and I wasn't as tall as them + the girls making fun of me cause I was a short *** lol.. Then the start of this year I started getting called emo and people spreading rumours that I cut my wrists and stuff. Got emails online too. I then would refuse to go to school for nearly 4weeks straight and then my mum finally decided to put me into home school. Much better now, I actually get high grades (I was getting low grades from the bullying, not studying wanting to learn go to school etc) and I don't have to listen to bullies trying to be tough anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
i see.. so are your textbooks the same as the normal school or different...? n how do u know what stuff to learn..etc..? Is there a teacher coming to teach or ur all by urslf...?
Usually the teaching is undertaken by the parent

Id prefer to go to school for the social aspect of things, you cant make alot of friends being home schooled (not being harsh just the truth) as much as i hated school id still pick it over home schooling any day. Just my opinion.

I get work books, and a planner, telling me what I do each week (eg monday maths work on graphs booklit page 120 etc) And you can also do phone lessons, you get a phone and a headset and you talk to your teacher that way.

I know this is a little wimpy lol.. But I was bullied from grade 1 to the start of this year (grade 9) and both primary and highschool would do nothing about it... Grade 7 I broke my leg from a guy throwing me off A bars (I don't know if anyone knows what they are.. you climb on it and its shaped in a "A" shape). Anyway the guy didn't get anytrhing.. only "Don't push/throw people off again".

So my mum decided to move me to a different primary school for the end of the year and it was better. Then went to highschool and got bullied alot the first year cause all the guys got huge growth spurts and I wasn't as tall as them + the girls making fun of me cause I was a short *** lol.. Then the start of this year I started getting called emo and people spreading rumours that I cut my wrists and stuff. Got emails online too. I then would refuse to go to school for nearly 4weeks straight and then my mum finally decided to put me into home school. Much better now, I actually get high grades (I was getting low grades from the bullying, not studying wanting to learn go to school etc) and I don't have to listen to bullies trying to be tough anymore.

I had similar problems like you did but I was also not the best behaved kid either. I didnt work in any of my classes and got kicked out a bit. but I have problems :lol:

I believe school is important for social skills development not just the academic side. I have seen many home schooled children who don't cope in social situations (note: I am not inferring that all home schooled children are social misfits lol).

yer i think that as well, although home schooling would be good i dont think u get the social skills needed in life and the many different groups of ppl in the world and nhow to handle complicated situations involving ppl not book smarts

cheers Scott

i like going to normal schools in some cases
1) being you get to meet people and you build up a social group sort of thing!
2) get to go on camps with friends
3) get to piss the teachers off!
i also wish i was home schooled though,
1) teachers are (deleted) to me!
2) i hate alot of people at school, and are hated by alot
3) not as much work, more time for going outside on hot days to go herping and do stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back