Who is home schooled here

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience Dave.
Can I ask if you were young for your year? I.E did you start school early - as in under 5 years? (Sorry to ask such a personal question and please don't feel obliged to aswer if you don't want to). It is often the case that boys who start school too early suffer both socially and academically as they are at a different level (physically, socially and often mentally) to those who start on time or late which can lead to issues such as learning difficulties or bullying. This is much more prevalent in boys than girls.

I know this is a little wimpy lol.. But I was bullied from grade 1 to the start of this year (grade 9) and both primary and highschool would do nothing about it... Grade 7 I broke my leg from a guy throwing me off A bars (I don't know if anyone knows what they are.. you climb on it and its shaped in a "A" shape). Anyway the guy didn't get anytrhing.. only "Don't push/throw people off again".

So my mum decided to move me to a different primary school for the end of the year and it was better. Then went to highschool and got bullied alot the first year cause all the guys got huge growth spurts and I wasn't as tall as them + the girls making fun of me cause I was a short *** lol.. Then the start of this year I started getting called emo and people spreading rumours that I cut my wrists and stuff. Got emails online too. I then would refuse to go to school for nearly 4weeks straight and then my mum finally decided to put me into home school. Much better now, I actually get high grades (I was getting low grades from the bullying, not studying wanting to learn go to school etc) and I don't have to listen to bullies trying to be tough anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your bad experience Dave.
Can I ask if you were young for your year? I.E did you start school early - as in under 5 years? (Sorry to ask such a personal question and please don't feel obliged to aswer if you don't want to). It is often the case that boys who start school too early suffer both socially and academically as they are at a different level (physically, socially and often mentally) to those who start on time or late which can lead to issues such as learning difficulties or bullying. This is much more prevalent in boys than girls.

No. I started same age as everyone.. My dad only shot up in length when he was in grade 11 and he is now 6ft 9".

i'm homeschooled because of medical conditions

Cause your diabetic? I get it easier though cause they put me on medical too, my mum changed over and we were meant to pay $1000 or so but when they found out I had that they just put it as medical :)

Thanks for the info, lozza n dave94...
Dave94-sorry abt ur bad experience....i can teach my kids but sometimes i dont have the patience..urrrrrghhhh...!!!

i also wish i was home schooled though,
1) teachers are (deleted) to me!
2) i hate alot of people at school, and are hated by alot
3) not as much work, more time for going outside on hot days to go herping and do stuff
LOL true, but in the real world after school there are going to be people who are not very nice either. You will dislike people and be disliked by others ;) The harsh reality is that school prepares you for the real world.

Dave I know your problem. I was born 11 weeks premature so you can imagine the troubles I had (still have) growing. Being born early I also had a hearing impairment - have to wear things to help me hear, but don't usually anymore. Through primary school I got picked on like hell, and hated every minute of it. I actually have barely any memories of life until year 7, because I didn't want to remember it.

Went through anorexia from 2000 to about half-way through 2001. Still pretty skinny from it, 17 and weigh just over 50.

In high school I copped so much , and was still short (still have my PD/Health booklet) i was 142cm tall in year 7. To this date I am still only about 165cm or so, barely that. I realized when people got older they under-stood and if you were different from them they didn't seem to care anymore, as they had "matured".

I hated school, both my parents got UAIs in the 90s, but due to my absolute hate of school in my younger years, I don't think I developed their brains.. But still got some.

Dave - One question. Did the bullying you copped make you who you are today? Like give you a different attitute to life?

EDIT - Woo hearing aids pride :)

Dave I know your problem. I was born 11 weeks premature so you can imagine the troubles I had (still have) growing. Being born early I also had a hearing impairment - have to wear things to help me hear, but don't usually anymore. Through primary school I got picked on like hell, and hated every minute of it. I actually have barely any memories of life until year 7, because I didn't want to remember it.

Went through anorexia from 2000 to about half-way through 2001.

In high school I copped so much ****, and was still short (still have my PD/Health booklet) i was 142cm tall in year 7. To this date I am still only about 165cm or so, barely that. I realized when people got older they under-stood and if you were different from them they didn't seem to care anymore, as they had "matured".

I hated school, both my parents got UAIs in the 90s, but due to my absolute hate of school in my younger years, I don't think I developed their brains.. But still got some.

Dave - One question. Did the bullying you copped make you who you are today? Like give you a different attitute to life?

Just gotta remember, Height shouldnt change how you are treated, I am fairly tall, and got treated like scum every now and then, where as some of the tiny guys, like, up to my chest, were very popular.

Went through anorexia from 2000 to about half-way through 2001.

In high school I copped so much ****, and was still short (still have my PD/Health booklet) i was 142cm tall in year 7. To this date I am still only about 165cm or so, barely that. I realized when people got older they under-stood and if you were different from them they didn't seem to care anymore, as they had "matured".

Question:Yes it did. Lets continue with this thread :)

Just gotta remember, Height shouldnt change how you are treated, I am fairly tall, and got treated like scum every now and then, where as some of the tiny guys, like, up to my chest, were very popular.

Yeah but theres always the big guys who think they are all that because you can only come up to their chest.

dave94, your lucky you wernt put in a bin, some kids did that in front of the whole class to me :(

My sisters boyfriend did that to me when I was 13 after i wouldn't stop being annoying to him cus I didn't like him.

I refused to get out until my parents got home because my dad hated him too! :lol:

No. I started same age as everyone.. My dad only shot up in length when he was in grade 11 and he is now 6ft 9".
That's interesting and says that what I said isn't the case with you..
Unfortunately there are always going to be a few little jerks who have nothing better to do than cause other people pain. Then again bullies often lash out due to there own insecurities or home situation.....

Hmm this is an interesting thread. I'm studying Education at Uni atm so it's good reading about peoples experiences at school! I'm profoundly deaf but apart from one guy in primary school I've never had a problem with bullying or people treating me differently. I guess we all have different experiences!

I was bullied from kindy, up until year 7. I fought with my teachers allot lol I thought about homeschooling, but I think I would die if I didn't see anyone lol. I have really good friends now :)

wow, some of you have been through a fair bit. it sucks, people can be real j*rks, especially in early high school.
the people at my school have seemed to stop worrying about appearances and stuff like that and are more focused on getting good marks for VCE. it gets easier when the majority matures.

Cause your diabetic? I get it easier though cause they put me on medical too, my mum changed over and we were meant to pay $1000 or so but when they found out I had that they just put it as medical :)

juv. diabetes and juv. arthritis :D doubly juvenile! :lol:

ahhhhhh... good old school, i have been bullied before but people got over it (after i heald i guy by the shirt against the wall and told him if he ever spoke to me again i would punch his lights out) for some reason this seemed to gain me respect... pitty i had to act in that way, but desperate times call for desperate measures. That was in year 7 and now all is good and i have just started year 12 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back