who knows what it is??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: who knows what it is??

Awwww no prize? you could put me first in line for some of those blue tree snakes! I think that'd do it!!! :D

-Henry

wow that was my first thought! only cos i was reading about them and looking at pics yesterday... and they have a third eye on their head that doesnt work or something..weird

Re: RE: Re: RE: who knows what it is??

longtom said:
not really a dragon they say they date back to dinosar days

Technically it's not even a lizard, they just look like one.

:p

Hix

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: who knows what it is??

The Lizard which was not a lizard ...

When the zoologist John E.Gray of the british Museum, received a reptile skull from New Zealand in the 1831 he described it, and on account of the large wedge-shaped four front teeth of the upper jaw named it sph?nodon. He thought it was the skull of a lizard, but was puzzled about the attachment.of the lower jaw to the skull, which differed greatly from those lizards. Eleven years later Dr. E. Dieddebach bought some specimens of this "lizard" to england and gray, forgetting the skull he had examined a decade before, described these reptiles as new to science and put them in the genus Agama ---which are Old World Lizards. He also a new name : Hatteria punctata. thus, this reptile, our tuatara, was know in short decriptions and notes under two different names, and it remained so for the next 25 years

they only live on a few islands of New Zealand now because of intrduced animals that kill them. i read something the other day about they bread some in a zoo i dont kno where though, and the eggs can take up to a year to hatch, and the "lizard" them self can live up to 100 years old

Soory only read the attachment now. Do you know that these animals have an 24 month incubation period. They live for more than a hundred years. Their ideal temperature is in the low temp ranges and they only breathe a few times a minute. Fascinating animals. They are in one of the oz zoos! I think.

I am such an idiot. Sorry. Must be the late night out. Fried brai cells :oops:

I think there are some for sale on the HerpTrader at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back