who love these guys

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamond_man

Reaction score
hi guys... I just got my first scorpion ( flinders ranges scorpion about 2 months ago). i'll admit, i was a little freaked at handling him at first, but now I love him... does anyone else own these cool little guys.

Attachments

• Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 133
i own a different type of scorp but yeah there awesome now i have 3

Pretty sure you've got a female there (having said that I can't enlarge the pic to get a good look at it).

i have no idea about scorpians, but isnt handling them a little to dangerous and contain to many risks??
also, is it possible to milk a scorpian??

Yeah I was going to ask a similar question.

To anyone who owns scorpians, are any of them poisonous or do they actually strike you?

well im not sure if there venemous to people but they kill there pray by stabing them with there tail im sure theres venom but mine have never striked me tho mine are tiney like 2 cm max

Yeah I was going to ask a similar question.

To anyone who owns scorpians, are any of them poisonous or do they actually strike you?

They are all venomous (hence being a scorpion ;)). I had Flinders Range scorpions (and still one adult Black Rock Scorpion) and could/can handle all of them without a drama. It's quite amazing really when you realize that if you don't cheese something off, it often reciprocates the same respect (most of the time :p)

Yeah so if they're dangerous, and you accidently annoyed one or it accidently hit you, how does their venom affect people?

Cos I know people have good snakes that sometimes have a bad day and strike, but no harm other than a hole or two and and some bleeding. Ot maybe do scorpions not get so easily annoyed??

i got 3 at home... i think the guy said they were goldern desserts... or something like that.. i really have no idea they were a gift...

i was told a with scorpion sting you just get a bit of blistering and numbness... a bee sting can be more harmfull... it doest bother me though because theyre pretty gentle they just look scary ha!. any one got pics.

I had one. But kinda lost it somehow. I think a guy i know stole it, otherewise its running free somewhere....

i just searched it on google, it came up with many results, i went through a few and found this

http://www.elton.iinet.net.au/page61.html

now, it is north american scorpians not australian ones, but it gives us a pretty good idea, down the bottom of the page it has 'did you know' facts and one of them is that scorpians kill so many mexicans a year, whether it be lack of medicine or that some scorpians have the potential to kill humans, I'm not sure.

if they had a potential to kill i doubt, you would be able to purchase one without being told this about a thousand times

I have kept Flinders Range and Southern Black Rocks, both are relatively easy to keep and i had no dramas handling either of the species.

ok, well I'm alergic to bee stings, so I think I'll stay away from the little buggers all the same.

Thanks for the info.

thankfully the australian scorpions are prety harmless... if by some frek accident i get stung, ill probably get it checked...HA!

Didn't that guy on animal planet say the further north in Australia the dangerous it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back