who love these guys

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
aha...this is my game...i breed em...and just like with snakes as a pet,dnt expect not to get hurt if they attack,but a sting from an aussie scorp aint that bad,depending on sp.salt lake scorpions hurt,but liocheles are like a bee sting

I used to own heaps... sold all of them now. That one is definitely a female.

Hahaha Azn, you make them sound 100x worse than they are. Australian scorpions are wussy - bull ant sting hurts more.

If you want truly awesome invert predators.. get into centipedes! They are hands down the coolest.

i have 2 black rocks(m & f) and 1 desert,not knowing very much about looking after these beauties,is there any1 around Newcastle-Maitland (nsw) that we can get to know who can give us some direction about them?

Yup flinders range scorp, ignore everything that petstore told you, prob a load of rubbish seeing as they told you that scorp is about 2 months olf, thats a good 5+ years old goin by the size. As said it looks fem, easily told apart, the males have a very elongate tail compared to females

i have 2 black rocks(m & f) and 1 desert,not knowing very much about looking after these beauties,is there any1 around Newcastle-Maitland (nsw) that we can get to know who can give us some direction about them?
www.thegreenscorpion.com.au - go there, join the forum and read the care sheets.

Research pets before buying matey ;)

Australian scorpions all have venom, butttt none contain a powerful enough venom to put anyone at serious risk, main side effects are swelling and pain, i have 3 lychas sp and 15 black rock scorps

Australian scorpions all have venom, butttt none contain a powerful enough venom to put anyone at serious risk, main side effects are swelling and pain, i have 3 lychas sp and 15 black rock scorps

some are a very serious risk to kids and the elderly, some of the larger lychas are probably very very nasty

Pretty sure you've got a female there (having said that I can't enlarge the pic to get a good look at it).

sorry to pick at you man but how can you tell its a girl at that size and from that picture that its female when ive been breeding scorpions for 6 years now and am pretty sure you can only tell from looking at the "feathers" underneath them. yeah i have some flinders ranges scorpions and some black rocks as my signiature suggest i have a few about 45 atm but once i sell the babies ill have 5

sorry i have to apologise to red i didnt realise it was on a hand from the pic and on the screen im useing at work it looked like a finger tip. but assumeing its female is still wrong females can have the elongated part as well and males can not have it its fairly rare but its never a good way to tell. to check you need to lift it buy the tail and look at the "feathers" if the hairs are very long they are male. if they are short they are female. you do however need to have a referance to pic the diff. and yeah id agree with the others no way thats 2 months old. i can almost garrentee any scorp you buy at a pet shop is wild caught and probably preggo. (between now and 18months from now you will have bubs). i stopped buy them from pet shops and got rid of all my old stuff years ago. i refuse to support the wild catching trade even if pet shops dont care. wich is why i only buy them off green scorpion now.

No Australian scorpion is dangerous to humans, although it can hurt like hell for a while. I think there may have been a case where a baby died from a sting from one though? I'm not sure on details though.

Yup flinders range scorp, ignore everything that petstore told you, prob a load of rubbish seeing as they told you that scorp is about 2 months olf, thats a good 5+ years old goin by the size. As said it looks fem, easily told apart, the males have a very elongate tail compared to females

I didnt say 2 months old... ive ad her for 2 months:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back