Who loves the RSPCA?? Opinions people?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bellany

Reaction score
Now I know that this is going to start a heated debate, but seeing its not about what we are doing I don't think there's going to be a spitting match I just want peoples opinions on what they think of the RSPCA, rather than each other?

My two meetings with them -
I got reported about not feeding my snakes every day (the snake in question had no 'food bowl' which was of a concern), but after much rolling of eyes and 'are you freakin kidding me?' it was sorted and I was told, good job darl, feed ur snake live stuff if thats what it ate before you bought it as its required by law that you continue feeding it what it is accustomed to. Her words peoples, not mine ..

Second time round I popped out to collect a possum and her baby in the dark bush at stupid oclock at night. On passing an incredible collection of torture devices and stunning antique weaponry (the size of this umm high powered cross bow with all the doohickys to make it pimped out was amazing), I commented on his nice collection and he was impressed and when I collected just the mum as the baby was 'gone' I noticed mumsy had been shishkabobbed by the very same cross bow. So stupid me declines the coffee and skedaddles out of there real quick, but not quick enough to notice bubs possum was chucked in the wheelie bin on the way out. So I rang the RSPCA and they said 'nope sorry, no law against shooting a possum with a crossbow', 'theres lots of possums anyway so killing one or two is not that bad' Id like to say here i stayed up all night with mum poss medicating her so that she would be comfortable as I can't euthanaise and if I called a vet out at midnight it was $400 callout and thats not counting the 'opening the vet office fees' and medication to euthanaise.

But since then the RSPCA have been screaming my door down daily for me to take injured birds, almost dead birds and irate public that have the bird and they dont like the RSPCA so probly think i wont be much better.

So whats everyones thoughts on the RSPCA? I think they don't care squat now anymore, sure a few of the 'people' that work there may still care but I havent met one yet..

From what I can understand(friends experiences etc not personal)It all depends on where and who runs the show....I think like a lot of departments easy cases are followed to the letter and those in the "too hard"basket get swept under the carpet. Most causes start out with the best of intentions then run out of heart(IMO) From what I have heard there can also be too many chiefs and not enough indians...... All I can do is commend you for taking care of the animals :) and keep on keeping on ;)

Last edited:
honest opinion?

I hate them, they are freaking useless from my encounters, which are all from when I lived back in W.A. and related to horses kept by 'my partner at that time in my life'.
Supposed experts but they had no idea what they were talking about in any aspect, I was astounded with one of them knowing what a horse actually was it was that bad... details would take pages and pages so I will stop there.

I have heard 3rd and 4th hand stories of how they do great work but yet to see it myself.

The RSPCA only likes animals that are fluffy and cute, dont expect them to care about reptiles..

Could you post the address of the @%$@#$!$#%@%@!#@!$#% (very naughty words) who shot the possum so we can all go around and see how he likes to be shot with an arrow of compariable size? pleeeaaassseee

we could use a javalin...

Oscarslaw from youtube and facebook are alot better IMO, And the RSPCA is A joke.

IMO they only care if it a.) makes money for them or b.)is a real tear jerker for veiwing public and so creates donations which is also money for them. Should drop the R out of it as its now a Society For Making Money and there is nothing Royal about that. If you hurt a puddy tat they want your blood but the same people would shovel a rbb

RSPCA are a joke, the only ones that do care and work hard are the volunteers.
I would not do a thing to help them. All their wildlife at night is referred to anyone else but them, they will not take strays, so people who do the right thing have to risk their own pets to look after it until the pound opens, or throw it back on the street.
They made someone who brought a baby bird to them, pick it up and take it to a busy emergency clinic, because "they where too busy to look after it".
They don't follow up complaints lodged with them.
Ok am ending my post as am getting angry, RSPCA pffftt

They gave us a kitten that had a tumour.

R.I.P. little kitty

Last edited:
wow im suprised that there isnt anyone that is on the rspca's side. i was expecting a big battle.
though i am not on their side, i had someone aproach me on a dog lead free beach and asked how i control my dog off lead, we got talking they just got their first dog ever a 5yr old dalmation and the RSPCA told her a gentle leader/holty is cruel for dogs ***.
i think the majority of them think they are saving the world and dont actually have any official animal training/knowledge.
save the dogs and cat (feral animals mind you) but stuff native animals.

I can't give you my honest opinion of the RSPCA, it would get me booted from the site! (That should give you a clue)

By the way has anyone seen on TV about RSPCA Pet insurance? I wonder if it covers reptiles?

"Id like to say here i stayed up all night with mum poss medicating her so that she would be comfortable as I can't euthanaise and if I called a vet out at midnight it was $400 callout and thats not counting the 'opening the vet office fees' and medication to euthanaise. "

If you are able to drive, then there is an emergency centre at Springwood and one at Woolloongabba, both which accept wildlife and treat for free. (They will not be returned to you unless you are a registered carer and can produce proof)

Its Good to know there are people that will go out of their way to help the *less favored* animals out there, My Spotted Python Noodle was rescued from her old owners that were treating her like crap! (she has scars on her belly to prove it.)
and only a couple of months ago i was waiting for a train in Logan and a little dog was wandering on the train tracks, i called the RSPCA and they told me it would take them 5 hours to get out there seeing as they were too *busy*.... Bull******! if i had of left him there he would have died for sure, either by a train or a car!
the RSPCA disgust me!

i have no time for the RSPCA they are uneducated and for that have to much power. they where also the people that said that we shouldn't be able to keep native animals as pets as they would just end up looking after them as we do not know how (thats the polite version). RSPCA also has idiotic items on their agenda just google it and you will discover

The RSPCA only likes animals that are fluffy and cute, dont expect them to care about reptiles..

It took me 2wks to get someone from the RSPCA to attend an address where a cute little fluffy dog had been left behind in a cage & was starving, so no, they dont even care alot of the time about the cute & fluffy! In the end they only attended after i got the police involved. I might add, well done to the police for helping me, as at the end of the day, that isnt their job!!

the RSPCA disgust me!

& yet in the thread 'snake with 100 ticks' you said the op should have called them........:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back