Who ordered the sock ? - my new arrival

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks great but you are going to have to cover the light gloge in the enclosure or you are going to have a burnt snake

looks great but you are going to have to cover the light gloge in the enclosure or you are going to have a burnt snake

I have over 30 snakes and not one has a light bulb cover, hmm no one must of told my snakes to burn themselves yet :rolleyes:

I can't wait for my cuddle! And I don't have light covers either. No burnt snakeys here!

Hey Jackie glad she arrived well to you... now com'on, don't exagerate... she was really only in half a sock!! LOL. They do make good travel pouches when one is short of a new calico bag. Soft and comfy :D

Travel sock

Hey Jackie glad she arrived well to you... now com'on, don't exagerate... she was really only in half a sock!! LOL. They do make good travel pouches when one is short of a new calico bag. Soft and comfy :D

She thought the sock was fantastic. I 'booted' her out a couple of hours later, she didn't want to leave. and although she 'assumed the position' she didn't strike out. she spent 15 minutes checking out the area and then hid in the shell for the rest of the day. Every time i walked past the tank last night (I'm an insomniac) she was out and about. This morning she is hiding again but she looks relaxed (loose coils) so I'll try her with my mouse feeding skills tonight and see how we go. I'm keen to handle her but will stick with advice I have been given and wait until she's had a feed, then give her a few days.

Where on Earth do you get the calico bags from anyway?

Keyarna, you get them specially made to order. If I remember right yours came up to you in a calico bag ;)

But when running low, or waiting on a new order to come through... socks are a great alternative!

She thought the sock was fantastic. I'm keen to handle her but will stick with advice I have been given and wait until she's had a feed, then give her a few days.

Hey Jackie, I am glad that someone follows settling in advice! :D Makes for an easier adjustment for the animal in their new home.

All too often people are handling them for hours after they arrive and then wonder why they won't feed when they are offered a meal soon after... :rolleyes: While that is fine for some animals, it completely stresses out others!

Hey Jackie, I am glad that someone follows settling in advice! :D Makes for an easier adjustment for the animal in their new home.

All too often people are handling them for hours after they arrive and then wonder why they won't feed when they are offered a meal soon after... :rolleyes: While that is fine for some animals, it completely stresses out others![/quote]

Its all about her as far as I'm concerned, I figure if I keep her as stress free as possible while she is settling in the better for both of us in the long term, I opted to 'peel' the sock off her rather than drag her out of it, although she 'assumed the position' she relaxed VERY quickly and went into explore mode within 2 minutes, which amazed me. she has had her first feed tonight, i wasn't expecting her to take it but she did, So i'm closer to my first cuddle, I haven't so much as laid a finger on her yet, and I'll be expecting my first tag around the same time :shock:

And in regard to something being place on the lid.... there is a couple of brick out of camera shot, ,, they are camera shy, and i didn't feel like looking for a lost yearling.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back