Who would (or wouldn't) like to see this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's good thanks mate.

I wonder if Shaun has seen or want's to see the photo I was sent.
It's sad to think that if he truely thinks that they are housed fine, and there is no mould... how much he realy cares/knows about the animals in them. It's not like the mould was hiding.

Hopefully somthing can be done, Cheers Ian.

Hey Josh not doughting you at all, i was just wondering how long the photo had been on your phone, days months?
It might be a possible already rectified, I DON"T KNOW.
We will find out soon enough.
Cheers
Ian

Hi Josh,
This is the reply that i got today. At least they say that they are looking, so some good may come of it.

Dear Ian

Thank you for your comments.

We take the care of our reptiles and animals very seriously in our store .We employ 2 fultime staff in this area to make sure of this.

I have discussed your concerns with our staff, and will monitor the situation

In the meantime if you have any other issues please let me know

M K
Name backed off due to privacy.

I was in this store recently and I can't say that I noticed any mould, so perhaps it was cleaned by the time of my visit.

Of greater concern was the area where a number of hatchlings and geckoes were kept. They were in clear, very small brick size spaces... a bit like what I saw some young reptiles held in at the VHS Expo, except at the expo they were only in these for a matter of hours. I can't say how long the reptiles had been kept like this in the store, but I wasn't left with a good vibe about it.

This wouldnt happen to be the same pet shop that keeps their geckos in dimmly lit clear containers with no hides all day n night, you know the one Up from the Market?

like what shaddowpuppet observed?

I was in this store recently and I can't say that I noticed any mould, so perhaps it was cleaned by the time of my visit.

Of greater concern was the area where a number of hatchlings and geckoes were kept. They were in clear, very small brick size spaces... a bit like what I saw some young reptiles held in at the VHS Expo, except at the expo they were only in these for a matter of hours. I can't say how long the reptiles had been kept like this in the store, but I wasn't left with a good vibe about it.

must be some truth in it..

I know the shop well, how they keep their hatches as far as size of enclosures go is perfectly fine. The cleanliness of enclosures there has always been a big issue as the staff working there basically knew SFA about herps, but there's a new staff member now who really knows his stuff and things have dramatically improved in the last few weeks.

Not defending the shop, just stating what I see with my own eyes as I frequent it for supplies on a regular basis.
Living in Brunswick and not driving make sourcing supplies quite difficult I've discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back