whos got the swine??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Donkeys canoodling with pigs...what did you expect donk????

hehe hope you get well soon!

:O there is apparently a new strain of swine flu infecting ppl as we speak!!!!! the symptoms seem to be that peoples accuracy in throwing magazines and newspapers in a bin is greatly affected!!!!!

P.S. Ross Noble was lucky to have Scales and Tales in his hand!!!!!

:O there is apparently a new strain of swine flu infecting ppl as we speak!!!!! the symptoms seem to be that peoples accuracy in throwing magazines and newspapers in a bin is greatly affected!!!!!

P.S. Ross Noble was lucky to have Scales and Tales in his hand!!!!!

lol.

um yea there has been 2 deaths in aus with swine flu i think ppl show be awere that it is deadly and if anyone has the flu the should got get a flu shot and stay away from the public your all haveing a laugh now but wat if a loved one gets it and its fatal u wont be joken then will ya

um yea there has been 2 deaths in aus with swine flu i think ppl show be awere that it is deadly and if anyone has the flu the should got get a flu shot and stay away from the public your all haveing a laugh now but wat if a loved one gets it and its fatal u wont be joken then will ya

The flu shot does nothing for swine flu, apparently it will most likely be included with next years shot.
Also, you cant get the flu shot if you already have the flu, you have to wait until you are well again

Steady on there coree2009. There have been no deaths from swine flu in Australia. In total there have been over 3000 reported cases with 3 of them requiring admission to hospital, all of which are expected to survive. I think it is a stretch at best to lable this a 'deadly flu'.

The latest instructions from the CDC state that doctors do not test simple suspected cases anymore. Cases are to be treated as with any other flu. In severe cases and in at risk patients swabs may be taken. If you just have the flu (swine or not ) and are otherwise healthy and not living in close contact with at risk individuals ( E.G elderly, immunocomprimised or pregnant) you do not need to present for testing.

The best advice is to stay home when you are sick to limit the spread. Use your common sense. Forgot the swine flu label, and think "am I sick enough to need to see a doctor". If the answer is no then stay home and act as you would with any other illness.

:|does swine flu spead from one person to the other easier than others?:|

i heard the swine flu is "mutalating", sounds funky! I wouldn't worry if i got it but im pregnant & cant take any medication if i get it or even the normal flu which sucks!
I think im getting the normal flu now, all i can do is drink lots of fruit juice & have lots of vitamins!

I'm more worried about the baby getting it when shes born!

i cant believe how much this has been blown out of proportion! its crazy!! its a flu ppl, it sucks if u get it and makes u feel like crap for awhile but u get over it (unless of course u are in a third world country, or u are at risk like elderly or a newborn)
There has been a death from the swine flu in oz, but that was an elderly person who had a myriad of other illnesses as well. even if that person had of just caught a regular cold it probably would of killed them.
all in all i think ppl just need to realize that if u are sick, stay at HOME. dont spread your illness to the rest of the ppl u work with, who will then go and pass it on to their families ( not good if you are pregnant or have small children). and wash your hands... OFTEN.
and another point, the flu shot is no protection whatso ever from this strain of the flu, they havent developed a vaccine as of yet but it will be available next season. although i got my first flu shot last year and i ended up with the worst flu i have ever had in my life ( not from the shot itself, but it obviously it only protects against certain strains), and i do not plan on getting another shot this year, even tho i am due to have a baby in three weeks.
i think ppl need to stop being so damn paranoid, honestly, there are worse things to worry about at the moment, and there are certainly worse things you could catch.
my rant:lol:

Thanks stretch, some good advice.

I would like just to correct that there have been no deaths in Australia from this illness so far. In fact there has only been one recored death outside of North America, in the UK - as you stated, in a person with mutiple other medical problems.

i KNow one thing, i still feel like i just went 3 rounds with iron mike, and its costing me a fortune in days off work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back