Who's hoping for Albino Mac's this season?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenno

Reaction score
I just received Snake Ranch's latest 20/20 email offer. It got me thinking who else is hoping to produce Albino's this year?

With 17 pairs of hets released in the first season, surely they wont be the only ones available.

Sign me up!

everything is still pretty inflated even for 20/20 ... interesting to see how successful there other pythons are this year

interesting that they are offering single females but not males for animals that have not yet hatched

Not really. This is common practice with projects in the early stages of release.

Its widely accepted that it would be more financially desirable to buy a single albino male and load up on female hets.

Interesting they are offering albino mac hatchies as well as albino olives as well as hets

Looking forward to seeing these guys readily available!
The 20/20 is interesting! 'Current market prices' are generally cheaper than their 2012 discounted prices.

think i will wait until they are the same price as the albino darwins, what's the rush to get one anyway.

Last edited:
Pretty pricey for an animal that can easily breed at 18 months of age. and there were hets released previously. awesome animal but the price of these guys will rapidly drop in the not too distant future.

Im not so sure,

They are plain easy to keep, placid, dont get very big, breed easily and now come in everyones favourite colour - white.

I have no invested interest in these guys but I believe they will appeal to more people within the hobby than any other version of Herp. Whats that old saying about supply and demand?

They will like most other pythons come down in price over time and considering they seem to be a fairly popular first time keeper python they will sell fairly easy in the futre, making them more financially viable.

Kenno you may be right on that. i don't like to speculate on future prices, and yes these are very appealing. but considering how easy ants are to breed, throw in all the 66% hets that are going to around the supply is going to be huge when they drop just slightly in price. certainly going to hold value for a while, but i really think this time the big dollars are going to be short lived. only time will tell.

irrespective of price do you think they'll be as wanted as the albino darwins? my desire for a white snake with pattern has been satisfied with the darwins hence I have no intention on getting one anytime soon.

Jason given the chance i would take an albino ant over any morelia. im an ant nut, and there are plenty of us :) i think they will be extremely popular, but you do have to factor in that Darwin were the first commercially available albino so everyone wanted one

I think with Macs you can gauge by standard,blonde,platinum prices,the more on the market the more they all step down in pricing

Guys,

make sure you check the order form price with the web site price. Prices are different. For example wheatbelt stimsons male on order form 320 on the web site are 300. even the black bluey's on the order form are 800 on the web site they are 600. might have to make a phone call in the morning.

Pines

l don't have these, but one point that hasn't been raised here that might keep the price up a bit longer than normal is these are the first morph that is able to be sold at least in QLD. pet shops now if you go back approx. 5-6 years when macs were able to sold up here there was a distinct shortage for the first two years before they levelled out.
.........solar 17 (Baden)

I want them because I love antaresia. I can't wait till they come down in price. No matter what the value of the offspring are, I want them just to have and enjoy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back