why are some dog owners retarded

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smeejason

Reaction score
My vent..
Last year i took up jogging again and now do 10km a night.. twice now i have been attacked by dogs running off leash in parks as i am jogging thru...
both times i have attacked back then wore the verbal abuse of the owner.
what is wrong with people. was the same when i trained years ago but i always had a pitty or staffy running with me (on leash)and then they would grab the offender and all hell would break loose and again i would get abused.

Also all gen Y, share the foot path.... walking 5 abreast will get you skittled by the man running towards you and all the black hair dye,sad faces and iphones in the world wont save you from a mauled, angry fat man who only tolerates running :evil:....
end of rant
better get off the soap box before i fall

I was actually about to start a thread on people not training and caring for their dogs and cats properly, thanks for bringing in the spirit for me! :p

As for the kids, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. It infuriates me. Sometimes I think 'well seeing as you take up the entire path, I guess I must have the capability to walk straight through you'. Of course in the few attempts I've made at actually confirming this I've 1. found I do not actually have the capability of walking through people and 2. found that I am apparently an *insert expletive here*.

Most valid rant I have read in a while actually. Nicely done :)

Haha i dont know about getting attacked by dogs, never happened.. but i hear you on people taking up the footpaths.
Also in shopping centres, people taking up the whole isle..arrgh dont you just want to hit them with a frozen bag of peas..?

As for the kids, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. It infuriates me. Sometimes I think 'well seeing as you take up the entire path, I guess I must have the capability to walk straight through you'. Of course in the few attempts I've made at actually confirming this I've 1. found I do not actually have the capability of walking through people and 2. found that I am apparently an *insert expletive here*.
very true i to have no ability to run through people and i hear voices as well apparantly ........cause when i try and pass thru people i hear *insert expletive here* but when i turn around apparently no one said anything :lol::lol:

Also in shopping centres, people taking up the whole isle..arrgh dont you just want to hit them with a frozen bag of peas..?
that is a whole other rant why can't people follow road rules in shopping centres and stick to left with their trolleys

I've been chased by dogs on my bike before. One that got me peddling rather quickly was a rotty... The other one was a few weeks ago- some fluffy white dog that started running after me- its still kind of serious when a dog chases you like that, as they should be controlled better by the owners (this one was sitting on a driveway, outside a yard), but I couldn't help but laugh with this tiny fluffball running its heart out behind me.

People need to grow up and learn the meaning of responsibility. And don't get me started on the younger generations- Jeeze they 'P me off! And yes, I'm only 20, but I've always acted maturely, and have respect for others + common sense!

And with people taking up entire footpaths- that drives me insane! I can be lit up like a christmas tree, people will stare straight at me and still not move over even the slightest bit! Meanwhile, it can be just 2-3 people walking on a path about 1.5car widths wide- I mean, come on people!

Good rant - I totally agree. Another one - why do people with aggressive maltese (or 'maltesers') give me a dirty look when their little ratbags try to have a go at my rottie?!

"Last year i took up jogging again and now do 10km a night.. twice now i have been attacked by dogs running off leash in parks as i am jogging thru...
what is wrong with people. was the same when i trained years ago but i always had a pitty or staffy running with me (on leash)and then they would grab the offender and all hell would break loose and again i would get abused"

I couldn't understand that the first few times I read it. Honest! I have a decent comprehension level, but couldn't you throw a capital letter in, a comma? It's almost bloody unreadable. Anyway, I'm not a grammar nazi...

If you have owned Staffies (and..."pitties"..) before, then you'd know that dogs are, in general, inquisitive. When you say being "attacked', do you mean a dog runs up to you and,is excited, and you are fearful as you don't understand dogs?

Or do you mean attacked, bitten, and in genuine fear?

Oh, and I'd like to see the pics too...if you were actually attacked as opposed to inconvenienced...

Thats OK, a few years back I was attacked about 5kms in the Royal NP.... the owner was about 400meters behind his large brown very aggressive Kelpie and I was thinking I was going to have to kill the dog at one stage.... then the nerdy owner caught up so I let my anger out on him instead... he was crapping himself and knew he was in the deep end....

"Last year i took up jogging again and now do 10km a night.. twice now i have been attacked by dogs running off leash in parks as i am jogging thru...
what is wrong with people. was the same when i trained years ago but i always had a pitty or staffy running with me (on leash)and then they would grab the offender and all hell would break loose and again i would get abused"

I couldn't understand that the first few times I read it. Honest! I have a decent comprehension level, but couldn't you throw a capital letter in, a comma? It's almost bloody unreadable. Anyway, I'm not a grammar nazi...

If you have owned Staffies (and..."pitties"..) before, then you'd know that dogs are, in general, inquisitive. When you say being "attacked', do you mean a dog runs up to you and,is excited, and you are fearful as you don't understand dogs?

Or do you mean attacked, bitten, and in genuine fear?

Oh, and I'd like to see the pics too...if you were actually attacked as opposed to inconvenienced...
thanks for the reply and no i was ranting so i will not use capitals and as a published author i have the right to not to do so when i like.:lol:
AND I MEANT ATTACKED ....TRY TO BITE.. DID BITE.... LEPT AT MY FACE THEN IT COPPED 2 HITS AND LEARNT THAT EVEN RETIRED BOXERS CAN STILL THROUGH PUNCHES .. HOW IS THOSE CAPITALS LOOKING, BETTER I HOPE ??? LOOK AT THAT SOME PUNTUATION TOO...

thanks for the reply and no i was ranting so i will not use capitals and as a published author i have the right to not to do so when i like.:lol:
AND I MEANT ATTACKED ....TRY TO BITE.. DID BITE.... LEPT AT MY FACE THEN IT COPPED 2 HITS AND LEARNT THAT EVEN RETIRED BOXERS CAN STILL THROUGH PUNCHES .. HOW IS THOSE CAPITALS LOOKING, BETTER I HOPE ??? LOOK AT THAT SOME PUNTUATION TOO...

My puntuation was fine I thought?
You seem to be having having a tough period in your life - boxing dogs, getting attacked by dogs, ex boxer (you mean human, not the breed right?) et al and I would not, for one minute extract the urine. Not at all.
After all, you were 'ranting' (common thing amongst the ah.........).
Post some pics of the bites Jason. Post tha pics :D

This topic is my pet hate!!

I jog every night throughout summer, and I am sick to death of dogs wandering the bloody streets. It is bloody scarey to already be exhausted, and then hear a growl or bark coming from behind. Some dogs run straight out of their driveways at me, others are walking down the street unsupervised. It's got to the point that I'll need to strap a Rambo knife to my thigh when I go out. There are some streets I can never go down and expect to come out in one piece.

I have dogs at either end of my street that sit there waiting for me every night. I've jumped on top of parked cars to avoid being ripped apart by a German Shepard. I had to kick a scruffy little mutt in the throat a few weeks ago because it was trying to get hold of my ankle. It doesn't matter what size the dog is. A dog bite is a dog bite! It's funny how the owners are never anywhere to be found, or if they are, they're usually just sitting their watching, and don't even call their dog!! unbelieveable!

I'm not ashamed to admit that I've always hated dogs with a passion, and don't believe they have a place in our society. But since they're here, they should at least be locked up in a yard, or if outside, placed on a leash and closely supervised by their owner - not allowed to roam free and attack at will.

Seriously, I'd feel safer coming across a gang of thugs.

Many years ago I was swimming in a local creek with some mates. This guy turns up with his Rottweiler and lets it off the leash. It jumps in the water and swims over to me, and starts trying to climb onto me. As I was trying to swim away it was pawing my back, and it's nails were carving severe scratches into my back. Also, it's weight on my back was forcing me under and I was nearly drowning. My mates yelled to the owner to call his dog, and he did nothing. He ignored my mates and ignored what his dog was doing. I finally made it to the shore by swimming deep underwater, and the owner just laughed it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats OK, a few years back I was attacked about 5kms in the Royal NP.... the owner was about 400meters behind his large brown very aggressive Kelpie and I was thinking I was going to have to kill the dog at one stage.... then the nerdy owner caught up so I let my anger out on him instead... he was crapping himself and knew he was in the deep end....

I thought dogs weren't allowed in the park?

The whole 'rant' thing is bollocks. :D

Last edited:
Advice to anyone that is in someway harrassed by dogs...invest in a spray bottle, you can get mini ones from $2 shop, handy for joggers or walkers..soak dried xxxhot chillies in warm water over night or for 24hrs, strain and fill spray bottle. Give the dog a good dose of that when it tries to have ago at you next time. Its like mace for dogs :) ...it wears off and have never seen a dog badly injured or die from it yet. Its great to watch them change their focus from biting to burning.

And for all you that are about to complain about this thread, I am a responsible dog owner that has had my my dogs and myself attacked and threatened by dogs owned by irresponsible dogs owners and their mongrel dogs. I have had enough of these people and their lack of control over their stupid dogs.
**Donns flame suit**

It's not really the dogs that are stupid - that's an unfair rap. Stupid owners encourage stupid in their dogs. I wonder if those same people also own the emo path-hogging kids?

I beg to differ, when a dog is coming for your throat, mauls your hands, stomach, legs & butt, or has killed your dog and ripped it to shreds, I think calling a dog 'stupid' along with the stupid irresponsible owner is quite a fair and mild term to use.

Better advice. If you are attacked by a dog. Report it to the local council (even better if you can give a number plate, address, description etc). Sooner or later the owner will be issued with a fine, and will have to identify their dogs as aggressive, keep leashed and muzzeled in public, and confrom to kennel and fence restrictions.

Don't spray anything at the dog, because sure enough, sooner or later, you will get some irrate owner complaining to the the police that their dog was "assulted whilst having a nice walk down the street"

As the owner of a higly energetic/excitable, and "apparently" viscious breed, I too get p$issed off by irresponsible owners. My favourites in the last couple of years include:

1. Taking a bitch on heat to a dog park and then complaining to owners of male dogs that they are being agressive (this ended up in dog fights)
2. Taking a very big dog agressive dog to a park, and whinging when everyone leaves because fights break out.
3. People not picking up their dogs turds!!!!

Lastly, there are no bad dogs, just bad owners.

I had a similar thing happen about 16 years ago when a cattle dog was lining me up, i was waiting to kick it in the head, while its stupid owner wasnt anywhere near. I think we both worked out we didnt want to fight (especailly when i saw the owner wasnt scarey), the owner was hopeless though even when they caught up to the dog.

Should get some of those hand held running weights, they would work like a charm on an attacking dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back