Why do so many people have a hatred towards JAGS???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So like many other animals that carry gene's that can cause great pain or deformaties it is in fact cruel to breed them.

A good example is L-2-hydroxyglutaric aciduria (L2HGA) in English Staffs or HERDA in horses.

I have never seen any evidence to show they are in any pain, apart from some wobbling or twitching or in very extreme cases corkscrewing they act like any other snakes, they feed and breed as normal. There is also nothing to say it is cruel to breed them. Is it cruel for someone with Tourette's to have children ?

So like many other animals that carry gene's that can cause great pain or deformaties it is in fact cruel to breed them.

A good example is L-2-hydroxyglutaric aciduria (L2HGA) in English Staffs or HERDA in horses.

I have never seen any evidence to show they are in any pain, apart from some wobbling or twitching or in very extreme cases corkscrewing they act like any other snakes, they feed and breed as normal. There is also nothing to say it is cruel to breed them. Is it cruel for someone with Tourette's to have children ?
True, but do you have any evidence to show they are not in pain especially when they do the twist?
Hard to get information from an animal that does not talk, speak or have vocals.

Tourette's is not a condition that causes pain. However a lot of neurological problems can cause pain like headaches etc. With the case as I have been reading - some die very young would this not be considered cruel? In any other animal it would be so why would it be not considered so for a reptile? If it was a person it would be seen as a medical condition and the person would be advised not to have children.

We have differing opinions which is good, the benefit of living in a democracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back