Why doesn't APS talk anymore?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hickson

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Until recently, whenever I had a PM waiting, I'd here "You Have Mail" when I logged on.

But not anymore.

Not a peep. I've noticed the flashing number beside my name in the "Member's Online" list and realised PM are waiting to be read, and then found they're a few days old and I've been logged on three or four times without knowing they were there!

AJ, can we bring back the sound please?

:p

Hix

Yeah i noticed that. I loved hearing that dudes voice say "You've got mail" :D Now all i get is a flashing number :(

I second that motion.

Also, Hix you have a very great new siggy. The man wrote words to live by... "the only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it." :p

spare a thought for me. i haven't be able to recieve PM's for over a month.

bugger the sound... i'd like my PM's back!?

The chat still exist, just on other channels on mIRC...there's already been a thread about it, just search for it in the forums to get the details...unless anyone knows them off the top of their head?

Vat69 said:
I second that motion.

Also, Hix you have a very great new siggy. The man wrote words to live by... "the only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it." :p

i was just reading that very quote last night vat!!....think i'll have another beer....

i thought the sound had gone too, then i realized i never turn my speakers on anyway. Then i come into this thread and everyone says sound is gone, so it makes me wonder, do i have my speakers on and didn't know the sound was gone, or were those speakers off like i first thought?

talk about the mysteries of life! Now wheres the red?

and before you say anything afro G>F>A>C :)

Hix said:
AJ, can we bring back the sound please?

The sound was removed because of 3 reasons:

1. The implementation of that sound was not standards compliant.
2. The sounds required additional plugins for users with browsers other than Internet Explorer and often meant annoying messages saying "Additional Plugins Required to View Media" would come up. This could be confusing for many users.
3. Sounds on the Internet are just damn annoying.

I will only really bring it back if there is a good case to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back