why some people shouldnt have kids

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I youtubed snake charma and i dont get it - what are the snakes meant to do? just stay still? cause thats all they were doing.... and also someone needs to not only teach them how to milk venom but also how to play the recorder cause omg they suck!

It depends on the snake charmer. Some have no regard for the health of the snake since they can always get another, others realize that they depend on the snake for a living and they can be trained. The "others" I described, if I remember correctly, usually take exceptionally good care of their cobras and sit on the edge of striking range so they don't get hit.

I know a few hot herp keepers that said cobras can be trained not to strike at the person caring for them, although I don't know how.

It depends on the snake charmer. Some have no regard for the health of the snake since they can always get another, others realize that they depend on the snake for a living and they can be trained. The "others" I described, if I remember correctly, usually take exceptionally good care of their cobras and sit on the edge of striking range so they don't get hit.

I know a few hot herp keepers that said cobras can be trained not to strike at the person caring for them, although I don't know how.

that is true S-Raptor....... Like any where in the world, there is the good and the bad........ Not all snake charmers in India de-fang the snakes they have and not all snake charmers actually know how to charm a snake.............

I personally don't think a snake can be trained but what I do know is, a snake can be understood......... If u have spent all u'r life around a snake or snakes then u would most probably know what the striking range of a cobra or any other snake is and like I mentioned b4 snake charming is a hereditary thing and the forefathers of these people have done it for ages so I would have to agree with u on what u said............

Python Gal, thank u for saving me the trouble of having to explain my self all over again…. Cheers

JR……..

that is true S-Raptor....... Like any where in the world, there is the good and the bad........ Not all snake charmers in India de-fang the snakes they have and not all snake charmers actually know how to charm a snake.............

I personally don't think a snake can be trained but what I do know is, a snake can be understood......... If u have spent all u'r life around a snake or snakes then u would most probably know what the striking range of a cobra or any other snake is and like I mentioned b4 snake charming is a hereditary thing and the forefathers of these people have done it for ages so I would have to agree with u on what u said............

I have seen many snake charmers in my life, and not all of them use venomoids. A lot of them just know how to put the snake into a defensive position and keep their distance far enough so that they are not threatening enough to the snake get tagged.

I never really understood the whole concept of trained cobras. I know they are one of the smartest species of snakes, however like you, I woud think it is more that the cobra's nature is understood by the keeper rather than the snake being trained to recognize the owner.

Seen that one before totally agree that some parents shouldnt have kids.P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back