wild baby blue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damian83

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score

stepped on this little fella this morning so i put him in the garden out the back
feisty little bugger too, even bit my shoe

Attachments

• babyblue2.jpg
    babyblue2.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 208
  • babyblue.jpg
    babyblue.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 178
I'm not surprised! If you had stepped on me I would probably have bitten you too!!!

Apart from the little guy thinking he's a Perentie, I actually
think he's really cute! :)

i have grass hoppers and skinks ni the garden so i guess he is fed well....

It's very chunky in the guts department. Is he a she and soon to be mum?
Or just eaten a tennis ball?

When they feel threatened, they puff up like that to look bigger than they are.

When they feel threatened, they puff up like that to look bigger than they are.

Thanks Pinoy. Don't know anything about these guys.
Still maybe a girl tho?
What is the difference visually with a puffed up one and a gravid one?

poor little bugger has a nasty little infection on both sides of his jaw (very typical for all Blueys)..... the wild sometimes ain't much fun for these guys.......

poor little bugger has a nasty little infection on both sides of his jaw (very typical for all Blueys)..... the wild sometimes ain't much fun for these guys.......

yep, every wild bluey i have seen has had jaw problems, most eye problems, and they all have mites :(. wish i could do something to help them,
i brought one home once 3 years ago coz it was practically dead, and had a REALLY bad case of MBD, i helped it along and then released it back and sometimes still see it :).

yeah the blueys puff the stomach up when angry and hiss, sometimes when they are even really skinny they can still puff themselves up alot, its an amazing display aswell when they show their tongues.

DSC00528.jpg

very nice bluey you found, very lucky to have them in your yard !!

yeah i saw eggs about 18 mth ago but there were no babies, untill i found this one(hissed and bit lol), the wife sees tails when she is hanging out the clothes so im glad there back. only ever seen one of the possible parents bout 2 yrs ago, biggest one i have ever seen....

you must have something else that laid, blueys give birth to live young,...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back