Wild coastal and placid

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

We had to stop because large wild coastal was crossing the road. My friend Greg jumped from the car and lift him. He was placid as baby. We all played with the snake and could not believe that wild snake can be such a darling. You could kiss it on the head. We removed few ticks before release. I was so exited.

Sounds like fun, lucky you got him off the road before he got run over. how big? where? bush nearby?

Doh..double post :oops: wondered what happened.

I have seen this time after time with common tree snakes, how a wild snake can be so placid is really surprising. Where abouts did you see it Slatey?

Close to Byron Bay watso. he was 7 foot long and not to fat like my mates snake.

Slatey, you said a "few" ticks. Roughly how many? I ask because most of the wild snakes we have seen around here rarely have more than 2 or 3 but if there is more they are usually infested to the point of the snake being affected physically (movement wise) as well as health

Very nice to see our beuatiful animals thriving in the wild, lets hope they continue to do so. Ive yet to see pythons in the wild, im sure i'd be very happy to see them.

Onya Slatey :) I do hope you washed thouroughly when you got home though and changed your clothes before handling or going near your own snakes? Wild snakes can be a great way to introduce mites to your own animals :( I am sure you took the proper precautions though

Lol Fuscus, Our was friendly like my own snakes.
Amy we finded 3 ticks, but we could mis some in the proces. It was bad light at the time.
Africa I washed my hands, but I did not handled my snakes til day later,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back