Wild Hatcho's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

licky

Reaction score
Just wondering whether you Herpers find many Hatchies out and about?
For my general knowledge, what do you think a hatchy would do first after leaving the nest, so to speak?
Im thinking they would probably hide until they feel fit enough to hunt. MAybe they would bask? Let me know.
Also during the winter months when sighting of all snakes seem to die down, would that mean they would stop basking/hunting/moving altogether?
Reason for asking is my heating is off for my coastals now and it is getting a tiny bit colder, but they are still hungry. Let me know what you think.

cheers mike

They don't stick together, Snakes are very independent and travel on they're own.

yeh ive found a fair few hatchie carpets and spotteds cruising around, come across them on the road at night when i go herping in march/april and even once a spotted hiding behind a 5L oil bottle at my joint (not the best hiding spot if you ask me). the other night my mate saw a snake sittting on the fence apparantly stalking a frog, he called me up and I went to check it out and it was just a wee hatchie carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back