Wild herp photos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nvenm8

Reaction score
The Brachyurophis was to die for! Just wouldn't sit still long enough for a great photo.

Attachments

• Acanthophis antarcticus (3).JPG
    Acanthophis antarcticus (3).JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 132
  • SV500020.JPG
    SV500020.JPG
    353.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Brachyurophis australis (4).JPG
    Brachyurophis australis (4).JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 143
  • SV500028.jpg
    SV500028.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 101
  • SV500029.JPG
    SV500029.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 94
very nice! i wish i could go herping now... but its off to work :rolleyes:

yes things are on the move, weve seen slateys, adders, jungles, common trees, browns, taipans, srubbys, leaf tails etc already this season, but then again you can also see them all up here in winter if you know where to look just not as many.
Well done nvenm8, good fun ah.

ok ill try and get some this season, most times you see something hot like that your on the way to town etc with no camera, murrpys law.
Ill get iceman to keep an eye out as well as he comes accross them occasoinally, as you would know jonno they are a very elusive snake and quite hard to come accross, except of course when you least expect it and arnt prepared.

Don't I know it mate. I have been searching for a SEQ Taipan for a long time now. One was found roadkilled earlier this year (fresh road kill at midnight in April!) but other than that no luck. Have you ever found them in SEQ?

yes things are on the move, weve seen slateys, adders, jungles, common trees, browns, taipans, srubbys, leaf tails etc already this season, but then again you can also see them all up here in winter if you know where to look just not as many.
Well done nvenm8, good fun ah.

It was great to see something other than BTS, Carpets, Bandy Bandy's, Red naped snakes, Small Eyes, Blind snakes, White Crowned Snakes,Roughies, Eastern Browns and Geckos! It was getting pretty monotonous and boring lol

It was great to see something other than BTS, Carpets, Bandy Bandy's, Red naped snakes, Small Eyes, Blind snakes, White Crowned Snakes,Roughies, Eastern Browns and Geckos! It was getting pretty monotonous and boring lol

PMSL! Wish we had a little bit of that variety here. I see the same old 2-3 herps down here.

I'm not sure where you are in SA mate, but that place is teeming with wildlife. PM me and I will give you some spots.

Jonno,

If you want wild Taipans in SEQ , you cant go past Gympy. There are a few areas there where Tai's are very common.

G'day Bob,

Yeah there are definitely some hot spots around Gympie, but I'm trying to find some south of Brisbane, mainly in the Brisbane Valley and inland from the Gold Coast. Not many people have found them in this area, it's definitely a challenge!

jonno,- only a road kill on the pomona/boreing point road many years back.

Try around mt tamborine and beau desert past brissy, you might just have some luck there if you look in the right places.

Jonno,

If you want wild Taipans in SEQ , you cant go past Gympy. There are a few areas there where Tai's are very common.

:shock:Guess I better get used to that idea,we are moving to Gympie in January:lol:

Frasier, Kin KIn, and Rainbow beach are good spots.

Getting a few shots of an undisturbed wild coastal tiapan is something that i have been wanting to do for ages, i have heard of ppl seeing them around mt tamborine etc. I think there a supposed to be a few around wivanhoe dam and that area too.

Does anyone here have pics of wild taipans that arnt squished on the road?

Nice pics by the way nvenm8 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back