Wild Lace Monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joelysmoley

Reaction score
At the moment i am camping in northern nsw, and today i decided to go looking for reptiles in the bush.
And when i was in there i saw a lace monitor start sprinting in the bush and it headed up a tree and caught a bird (which i think was a sacred kingfisher). You could hear all the other birds squarking and making a hell of a noise. It all happened within 5 seconds, if the lacie didnt move i wouldnt of known it was there. It was a pretty amazing sight, dont think i will ever see that again. Wish i got it on film.
Tell some of your amazing herping adventures :)

I was in a park around the corner from me, and I saw an Eastern Brown Snake engulfing a big lizard, didn't have my camera handy :(.
Hoping i can see something like that again.

Being called out to remove a large Eastern Brown, getting involved in a 'debate" with the next door neighbour while tailing said Brownie that "Bluetongues in your garden keep snakes away", at which point, on que, the Brown regurgitated 3 young Bluetongues...end of debate (what a good snake).

Being called out to remove a large Eastern Brown, getting involved in a 'debate" with the next door neighbour while tailing said Brownie that "Bluetongues in your garden keep snakes away", at which point, on que, the Brown regurgitated 3 young Bluetongues...end of debate (what a good snake).

Yep, they make them sick...... lol

Who knew that browns have a black sense of humour? Thanks, IV, that story made me laugh on a dull afternoon at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back