Wild Olive

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePup

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I'm no closer to a pet snake, but still loving the territory wildlife. Was sitting in the car at the Magnetic Termite Mounds in Litchfield National Park, waiting for the wife to take the daughter to the toilet, when I got called up. They'd found this...

IMGP3091.jpg

And were... Well, I'll admit for my wife they were remarkably calm and just wanted to know what it was. We took the camera and went up for a better look. A young foreign tourist couple came up for a loo stop too - I asked if they'd met any of the native wildlife yet. They were a little taken aback, but when they realised it was safe and non-venomous they took a few pics as well.

IMGP3095.jpg

This shot of it reared up was after my 4 year old tried to pat it :| "No, don't touch it"... "Get back from it" - He takes a step forward, I grab him and pull him back just as he touches it and it takes a warning strike at him! :shock: No bite, it could have, but just gave him a warning. Lucky. We used the other toilet and left it alone after that. Mum n Dad, visiting from down south, were suitably impressed too.

Ha ha... nice pics. You've gotta wonder though, out of an entire national park, it picks the crappa to curl up next to!

Do you reckon she had used the facilities already or was on her way in?

Looks big too
I'm thinking at least 8', but I'm bad at judging lengths. As thick as my upper arm (Though I've got pretty skinny arms too)

Not as big as the one I saw at Douglas Daly hot springs, but didn't have a camera. Apparently it's a regular at the springs, comes out same time most days to sun itself. A good 2 or 3 foot longer than the one in the photo, and as thick as my calf... No shots for proof though. :(

wow im hoping to go to darwin at the end of the year with my family so fingers crossed i see some herps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back