Wild Scorps?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymike

Reaction score
Hey guys

Since Scorps are inscets, is it legal to take them from the wild and keep them?

If yes, where are some good places to go scorp catching near melb?

Mike

Hey guys

Since Scorps are inscets, is it legal to take them from the wild and keep them?

If yes, where are some good places to go scorp catching near melb?

Mike

Scorpions are not insects, they are arachinds. Yes its legal in most states, pretty sure its legal in VIC. As far as i know you need a permit if you wish to take and sell but if your just collecting for yourself that should be no problem. As for spots around melb most people dont like sharing where they get scorps because then the collectors come in and start taking commercial quanitys. If you have any bushland nearby go out at night with a black light. Areas with lots of leaf litter and fallen logs are good places to look. Around melb you should find Lychas species,Cercophonius squama and possibly Urodacus manicatus. The lychas and Cercophonius are normally found with a blacklight or under logs. Urodacus manicatus are found in drier areas under rocks.

i think its legal to obtain them from the wild in NSW but im not to sure,i found a scorpion around the ledge of a pool i think it was a Urodacus Manicatus it was in the central coast area.

Yeah can those who pm mightymike also just send me a pm if theres any spots near the western suberbs.

I'm more of a curious onlooker though, i don't have the facilities to keep a scorp.

flinders rangers scorpion babies

Hey there everyone. My first post. I was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on looking after baby flinders rangers scorpions?

I was wondering at what stage do I have to seperate them from their mum?

Can I feed her when she has the babies on her back? Or do I have to wait until they are seperated to feed her?

Looking at breeding. Can you keep a male and female in the same enclosure, at all times? Or do I have to add the male in when its breeding season?

Hey there everyone. My first post. I was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on looking after baby flinders rangers scorpions?

I was wondering at what stage do I have to seperate them from their mum?

After they have left her entirely, they will be second instars by then.

Can I feed her when she has the babies on her back? Or do I have to wait until they are seperated to feed her?

yes, you can feed her with babies, just introduce one cricket.

Looking at breeding. Can you keep a male and female in the same enclosure, at all times? Or do I have to add the male in when its breeding season?

Add the male briefly during early spring...and watch she doesnt kill him, she shouldnt if shes not gravid already.
. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back