Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno from ERD

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I’ll try this for a second time, considering the first time I tried, my post failed as I clicked Submit :(

All wild shots are taken in-situ.

Saproscincus challengeri
1_Sapro.JPG

These little guys are very common at Lamington NP, but also quite cryptic. They are usually only found when movement gives away their location.

Egernia major Land Mullet
1_Mullet.JPG

Land Mullets are the biggest skink species in the world. They are also common at Lamington, hiding amongst fallen timber and disappearing from view if you get too close.

Eulamprus murrayi/tryoni
1_Eulamprus.JPG

I only saw one of these at Lamington, but we weren’t there long. I am unsure which of the two species it is. If anyone is able to shed some light, I’m all ears :)

Lampropholis delicata
1_Stupid_Lampro.JPG

Not the smartest skink in the garden, this little guy decided to investigate a gumnut and picked up a crash helmet in the process. It was stuck tight, but with some gentle assistance he lived to do something stupid another day.

That last 1 is awesome had me laughing 4 an hour

Nice Jonno. You do realise, by saving that delicata youve potentially doomed the species. That animal is now free to roam and reproduce, passing on the 'crash helmet' gene....:lol:

Jordan

Now that last little guy was probably just about to attempt some stunts 'Jackass Stylee'=> you have probably seriously endagered his life by removing his stack hat!

Nice photos !!!

lol, wish i could find a pic i saw ages ago of a L. delicata trying to eat a ciggie but lol

Land Mullets are the biggest skink species in the world.

I don't mean to be petty, but aren't the Solomon's islands prehensile tailed skink the biggest skink species?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back