Wildlife pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf

Reaction score
We get some stunners out here.. Thought i'd post some pics :D Feel free to post some of your own :)

Scuse the blur, had to zoom in for most and was using my mums camera lol

Cuckoo Dove
IMG_4647.jpg

Bower bird (Could only get female or juvenile male pics. The adult males don't like the camera much, but they're beautiful and blueish coloured)
IMG_4346.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

Yellow Breasted Robin
IMG_4188.jpg

Not entirely sure of this one. Will have to look it up.
IMG_4192.jpg

White Eared Honeyeater
IMG_4187.jpg

Female/Juv male Fairy Wren (Yet to get a pic of a male, might have to wait til he colours up for breeding)
IMG_4186.jpg

Common Bronzewing Pigeon
IMG_4636.jpg

Rosellas
IMG_4673.jpg

King Parrots

Looking pretty
IMG_4656.jpg

Begging me for food
IMG_4658.jpg

FOOD!
IMG_4662.jpg

IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4664.jpg

IMG_4668.jpg

IMG_4671.jpg

Nice pics, Lonewolf! Funnily enough, that one with the white rim around its eye is called... a silvereye! They're really pretty little birds, I think.

Here is a male fairy wren (just not very sharp!):
untitled006.jpg

And a wood duckling:
untitled007.jpg

Thanks for posting your pics!

Great pics, Lonewolf you're lucky with the bower birds, hope you can snap a male at some stage. Your bonsai has seen better days ;)
I'm a sucker for king parrots too, we get the rosellas (crimson & eastern), & lorikeets (rainbow, little, musk), but we only get the occasional king parrot.

Awesome pics guys :D

The bonsai isn't mine :p

More pics :D
Cuckoo Doves again
IMG_4847.jpg

IMG_4830.jpg

Male Bronzewing
IMG_4835.jpg

Female Bronzewing
IMG_4828.jpg

Something
IMG_4816.jpg

Male Fairy Wren
IMG_4805.jpg

Something - Has a BEAUTIFUL song.
IMG_4719.jpg

Kookaburra
IMG_4768.jpg

Wood Duck (I think)
IMG_4761.jpg

Red Browed Firetails
IMG_4700.jpg

IMG_4694.jpg

IMG_4698.jpg

Your first "something" there is a little pied cormorant. Not sure what the other "something" is. The duck is a maned duck. Great finches.
After saying I don't often see king parrots in my other post, I went to my sister-in-law's place this morning to assemble some furniture for her, & out the front of her place were a pair of kings. Love em!

Last edited:
Yeah, i figured out the pied cormorant last night, and we're thinking the one with the nice song is a rufous whistler female.. Not sure though. :D

Maned wood duck hey. Fitting. I like the black ducks but they're never around when i want them to be lol

That always happens! I reckon it's cos after you've thought of something, it stands out more.

Found the bowers bower lol

Here's pics (Sorry they aren't the greatest i was being rushed :( )
IMG_5892.jpg

IMG_5896.jpg

IMG_5901.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back