wiling to freight-no ???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofoula88

Reaction score
so ive noticed many people on here are not willing to freight and im wonderng why...i guess its easier for some 1 to just come to ur house and pick up...but i find it abit unfair for ppl who cant..like me for example..ive seen many things i want and its always the same story no matter what the item...not willing to freight or pick up only.. when it comes to animals tho if it were me and some1 asked me if id be willing to freight(given that they would organise costs etc) i really wouldnt see the problem....i guess im wondering what others think about this,and wanna get some opinions probably from most of you on here who are unwilling to freight...
if i were selling live animals for example..id prefer pick up but would not be unwilling should some1 ask..but thats just me...

also just out of curiosity does any1 who has bought a pet from interstate know how much it costs to freight?
all opinions welcome
thanks

Freight, depending on weight is usually around $60-80.

Some people live too far away from a major airport. Imagine someone living in the Gippsland and had to travel to Melbourne Airport in order to freight a Bearded Dragon. The petrol/time costs would far out weigh the cost of the freight/animal.

Some people live along way from an airport or bus service as it is very limited the ones that will carry reptiles.
IMO only, I feel that it seems to cost more to leave from Sydney than it does at other airport
It can be a real pain. Packaging the animal right,making sure the person is at the other end to collect .
And a problem we have had is arranging that an animal is sent on a certain day..day comes and you have trouble getting in touch with that person.
We have also gotten an export licence to ship some animals interstate and after we got that, the person decided they didn't want the animals anymore, hadn't paid and we were left out of pocket for the export licence. As we have to pay $20.00 for it, they weren't going to reimburse us.

So make sure that they pay before you even send off for the export licence, and unlike other states NSW you seem to wait forever for the export permit, yet it is the dearest.

Its costs about $60 + the fuel and packaging. It also takes time and occasionally things go wrong, this is bad for both parties. If you are selling something that is in demand locally it isnt worth the effort IMO. Its also pretty stressful for some animals.

With frogs, i dont freight due to my lack of understanding of a few problem diseases and its reccomended not to freight them by some who do seem to know a fair bit about them.

Some animals like snakes lizards etc im willing to freight but for things like turtles id prefer not to if possible for the animals sake! but if the buyer cant work with that I am willing to work something out depending on the circumstances! for me its not the cost its the wellbeing of my animals!

yeah the export permit is the main issue for me. if i were ever to breed my dragons i would need to apply for an export permit in order to freight out of victoria. if its within vic i be happy to frieght provided the buyer is willing to pay. id even consider lowering the price for the hatchlings to if the buyer had to pay for freight...

Im picking up my new baby from SA tomorrow morning :)

Some people just dont want to stress their carefully bred critters.

From SAto Brisbane, its going to cost $75

Namn8r has a very good thread about freighting

if you really want something ....you will go out of your way to get it , i think.....................dont just rely on it coming to you........be proactive and go get it .
if it is too hard ...........then that is how it is for us to send it .

Fay-so do u need an export/import licence ?
this is why i asked the question,for most people who are unable or would be a real hassle to freight im understanding,people that are just lazy are the ones that annoy me, some of you are menchening that you can or have had troubles organizing with others,all i can say to that is i dont blame you for not wanting to freight if uve had something go bad (like fay did) ,,i dont understand people who do that,maybe they have so many reptiles they forget even getting another 1.lol...i it were me id be at that airport like an hr early..lmao..and probz become annoying for making contact so many times making sure everything is going ok and according to plan...
lol..but like i said again,thts just me,i guess every1 is different..

l am on call 24/7 . lf l took time to go to the airport - 3 to 4 hours round trip - l could lose hungreds of dollars in missed jobs . l have freighted 1 snake to Darwin but the buyer arranged for a friend to pickup from me and take to airport . l had it packed and ready .

just got all those replys after i sent that post....yer i am the type of person who is willing to do watever it takes to get what i want..i dnt care about money(well i try n save if i can) but if thats what i takes to get what i want i do it,i guess im a little unaware of most states and peoples ability to freight,i never considered the possibllity it might be a long distance to get to an airport,4 me an airport is like a 40 mi drive andi live close to the city...im not used to the country..heres how i see it if you live far awat,or have had bad experiences in the past with it,fair enough...any1 else like me who lives close to the city etc..i dont get,
thats why i would personally not rule ou freighting becaue i know how annoyig it is always having something you want just out of your reach

and costa-if only you had pygmys and started breeding them...would make things so much easier for me..lmao

Its simply a hassle for a lot of people that have jobs, families and non-reptile stuff that takes up most of their time. Think if you have a clutch of 15 animals to sell and 15 different people buy them but cant take delivery on the same day, thats alot of trips to the AAE depot. Heaps easier to sell them local and have your customers travel to you or a location that suits you both.

Its totally up to the seller if they choose to or not, they aren't doing it because they are lazy or to annoy you, its their choice!

If you want something bad enough and put enough time and effort into looking you will find someone local that has what you are after, eventually...

haha yeah us rural folk can have it pretty hard too. im not the worst off though. some people think ballarat is ages and ages away. think of places like echuca. swan hill everywhere in east gippsland.. and all those close to borders. if your close to a border it makes it especially hard for if the wish to seel to the otherside they have to get an import/export permit no ifs no buts.

once I bought a snake from north queensland and the seller wouldnt send it to my area (coffs harbour) he would only freight to a major airport I had no transport so I had to catch a train to Brisbane the plane was 4 hours late and I missed my train back so I had to stay the night and get one the next day the added costs were HUGE I am so glad I went on that adventure as the snake was something I really wanted and like Dave said I went out of my way to get it!
I have also had people go out of their way to get animals to me!
most people are willing to come to some sort of agreement but I suppose every situation is different! but not impossible!!

lol..well im a pretty lazy person,but id do it..and i know they arent doing it to annoy me,im just stating that it can be annoying/frustrating ...im not criticising any1 except those who are lazy,i get most people dont do it because its just alot easier the other way, ...and thats there decision,like i said i just wanted to understand it abit better,and get peoples opinions..

wow farma-poor you..but atleast u went out of your way to get something you wanted and did...i respect that....

yeah if i had someone enquiring about freight i might consider it.
i love my beardies to pieces but imho i dont htink that anyone woul be willing to freight at their expense for offspring of my two. although they are colouring up very nicely imo from what they use to be lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back