Will a ProHerp radiant heat panel work for this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rosequoll

Reaction score
Trying to work out if the 80w ProHerp radiant heat panel will work in my new frog enclosure. Will be used with a thermostat, but because of the height of the enclosure (1 metre internal height) I'm wondering if the panel will really do much at all?

There will be ledges up the back wall so I'm expecting the frogs to do as they do now in their smaller enclosure and move up and down as required to heat up and cool down.

Next issue is the false roof area. I've attached a picture to explain what I'm worried about. Only thing I forgot to put into the picture is that the space between the roof and the mesh would be 20cm, and with the panel installed the space would be approx 15cm between face of panel and the mesh. Top basking ledge inside the enclosure would be approx 15cm below the mesh (though the frogs will be able to stick to the wall higher up than the ledge).

...and lastly, if I get the 80w heater then I'll have approx 6 inches of space on either side of the heater once it's installed into the centre of the back roof area. I was wanting to put a light socket on either side of the heater for my UV lights (using the ones that look like an energy saver).

Attachments

• photo 1 (1)-001.jpg
    photo 1 (1)-001.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 50
  • proherp.jpg
    proherp.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back