Windows 8

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Heya, I was just wondering who has windows 8 and what you think of it?

My new laptop just arrived (Dell XPS 15) and it came with windows 8, and first impression is I LOATHE it. Its like a cross between a phone/android and Mac OS... It was driving me insane so I've already downloaded two different programs- one to stop the things popping up when I go to the corners of the screen and another to get the start menu back.

So yeah.. wondering what others think, and if there is a way to 'revert' windows 8 back so it functions like windows 7, without using these programs I downloaded?

tried vista then went back to xp pro, tried win7 then went back to xp pro, looks like il be doing the same thing with win8

funny how a OS from 10 years ago is better then the ones we have today.

Classic shell is one of the things I downloaded. At least I have the start menu back :) I don't like anything to do with the windows 8 UI to be honest... it's all useless for me. If I want apps etc I'll use them on my phone, I don't want them on my laptop.

I do/did really like windows 7 when I got used to it.. but.. 8.. sheesh.

The XPS 15 on the other hand is an awesome laptop

You could always look at down grading if you don't like it. I got it straight away, but did a double boot so I could play with it while still having windows 7 installed. It takes a bit of getting used to it but with classic shell I don't mind it. The one thing I can say and everyone should agree with is it is alot better than vista. :D

Mhmm I'll see how I go. I just dont want to pay extra $ to buy windows 7, when imo the computer should come with a functional OS. And no, I dont consider the shipped version of windows 8 as 'functional'... but with classic shell it is much better! And I used another program to disable the things popping up e.g. that bar on the right when the cursor goes to the right of the screen, etc. They drove me nuts...

All operating systems are designed to be crap therefore making you shell out dollars to upgrade and/or use all your Internet data allowance to update the bug fixes. It's a conspiracy between manufacturers and ISPs to make money! Same thing with chip sets the week after upgrading your pc to the next best thing the real next best thing is unveiled at Geek fest 2012 etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back