Woma Care Sheet Needed Please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WomaBoy

Reaction score
Hey, i am really struggling finding a reliable tanami woma python care sheet, if possible could you please link a good one or just give me some advice on what i need to set up a tank and how to take care of one

Thanks Sam :)

here you go hope the link works , its from the sxr website

Attachments

• woma_lr.pdf
    968 KB · Views: 1,083
Yeah that SXR article/caresheet is great, another good one can be found in the Issue 3 - '09 of 'Odatria' an online mag found on the Vic. herp society website

Was there anything specific u wanted to know or find out. There are plenty of Woma keepers and breeders on this site and I'm sure you will get some fantastic, worthwhile info from these people as I did when I got my first one a few months ago.

Oh and it won't be last woma you buy, I guarantee, i'm hunting for more womas atm hahaha

Yeah could any of yous provide me with a list of what i need to set up an enclosure ? As in a woodern one with sliding doors

Thanks so much !! :)

thermostat to control temps, id go a good one myself microclimate or habistat ,

a thermometer to monitor your temps , i use the urs dual probe thermometers myself and think they work great

obviously some type of heating , i use ceramic heat emitters myself and think they work well but they dont produce any light , theres heaps of ways to heat enclosures out there though

a hide preferably at each end of the enclosure and a water bowl

and sub straight of your choice but remember womas like to burrow so if you want to watch that then a loose sub straight is best just watch at feeding time they dont ingest a heap of it , i feed in a bare feeding tub to avoid that because i figure better safe than sorry

pretty sure thats the basics covered

Thanks :), which type is afforable but good quailty ??( thermostat) and i have a flurosecent light and an red heating globe socket, all i need i think is thermostat, thermoter, red globe heat mat, water bowl substratee and yeah i think thats it. Is that correct ??

microclimates come with a 10 year warranty , so imo well what they cost , during summer when ambient temps arnt so bloddy cold and my ceramic heat emitter can cope better all my microclimates keep the temp to the set temp and only fluctuates by about 0.3c

Thanks :), which type is afforable but good quailty ??( thermostat) and i have a flurosecent light and an red heating globe socket, all i need i think is thermostat, thermoter, red globe heat mat, water bowl substratee and yeah i think thats it. Is that correct ??

This might sound basic but it's worth mentioning. Make sure your lights have cages around them to stop your snakes coming in contact with the globe.

While womas arnt the worlds best climbers they do still do it and without cages lights are a hazard.

This might sound basic but it's worth mentioning. Make sure your lights have cages around them to stop your snakes coming in contact with the globe.

While womas arnt the worlds best climbers they do still do it and without cages lights are a hazard.
thats one i forgot , yes cages around any globes even ones that are just for viewing and don't produce heat , if they coil around it they could break the globe

it said page not found sorry

There's an 'F' missing at end of that link...
It should end in PDF.

I'm now using a brand new thermostat I got on ebay for $12 (incl. delivery) and it does the same job as my old $45 one!

The same for infrared bulbs initially I paid $30 and now Reptile One are 8 bucks for a 75W.
A ceramic batten holder is $10 if you shop around.

I use red desert sand as substrate.
(Bunnings has river sand for around $8)
Once dried, the desert sand becomes quite compact, easier to clean as its not loose sand and so it doesnt go everywhere.

My Woma likes to rub its mouth/chin against it after a meal.
It's really cool watching it 'crane digging' with its head.

As I handle it often, so it never defecates inside.

I personally think it looks apart!
(as I also have mini Spinifex grass, red rock and a hollow log)

P.S. I got rid off my ceramic heat emitters - I hate them!

They get extremely hot, they're way overpriced and dry up the air inside enclosure.
Unlike IR bulbs, they don't seem to throw heat as far down the floor of enclosure, so the top of enclosure is all bent/bow from excessive heat and floor not so hot...

My personal experience and therefore preference, btw.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are wall thermostats good ??

They're dying out...

Best is a dimming thermostat!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Type in aspidites ramsayi on google and u see PDF that's tells whole thing a lot better then others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back